agjm's art gallery ~ new image 11-19-2012 - New Image This Month!

AGJM

Thanks. I re-worked an old one - one that preceded this in theme - I think it looks a lot better.

http://customize.org/thumbnails/larger/100554.jpg

To see it full size, download it here:

http://customize.org/wallpapers/90950

Edit: For comparison, view the original:

http://customize.org/thumbnails/larger/98094.jpg

Edited by AGJM

The hardest part of ending is starting again. 

I agree w/Welsh. I think the plugin should dress it up beautifully and it would look great on a t-shirt. Though I'm not entirely sure the orange text would necessarily "pop" like he says, but I could be wrong... maybe a touch of bezel and brightening it up a bit would though (just my simple opinion).

• 4 weeks later...

It took me between thirty and forty-five minutes to go from this:
228901_3165856284504_1771162746_n.jpg
To this:
228940_3166490460358_144438244_n.jpg

It took me about three seconds to see that the text didn't fit in the thumbnail.

The main reason I was editing it was because I noticed my chair stuck out in a way that made my torso look plump, so I was going to crop it.
Having ADD, I got off track and began editing it.

It's now 11:00 PM, and I have yet to do homework, make a not-so-strange-looking picture for facebook, prepare for bed, or sleep.
I'll do the first and second tomorrow morning (I wake up at 5:30, whenever I can help it. 4:30 when I can't.), the third and forth now.

[Edit, for myself, in case I ever come back here - I seem to be up at 11:00 PM in that exact same situation all too often...  I'm not a quick learner, haha]

Edited by AGJM

Really great editing. :) Sort of reminds me of a CD cover for a music band. I like how the letters seem to be eaten away in some areas. Well, "eaten away" isn't such a great word choice, but you know what I mean.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Really great editing. :) Sort of reminds me of a CD cover for a music band. I like how the letters seem to be eaten away in some areas. Well, "eaten away" isn't such a great word choice, but you know what I mean.

Thanks.

Why isn't it good word choice?

I like the font, too. It's called "Weekend Warrior".

Anyways, the CD kind of feel is what it reminded me of, too. Didn't aim for it, but I hit it.

Edited by AGJM

• 2 weeks later...

Remember that thing I posted about somewhere in the Off Topic, about my idea to try making some sort of online thing? However vague that may be?

It took a bit of fiddling and a lot of google searches to see if certain names were taken or not, but I finally came up with a business name. And the idea for it. Now, I just need to look into web coding, perhaps I'll actually get this up and running. Here's the logo, just the initials so that I don't give anything away.

150507_3207129396306_1786980891_n.jpg

Currently wrapping up the "What Will it Actually Be?" brainstorming process, but I had it narrowed down enough to choose a name - anyways, back to the drawing board for me.

I may eventually go with an engraved look, but this is fine for now.

Edit: going to go ahead and "shop" an image of a theoretical site layout, though I may not share it yet.

Edited by AGJM

I'm viewing this through my phone as I write this and from why I can tell the logo looks pretty cool. I think it's clean and the colors go well together too.

Thanks.

I like this logo. Please do remember that logos usually need to be consisted of two colors or so with no gradient if it will be printed.

Thanks. Also, that is a good point. I think that making the background a solid, semi-dark gray, while making the text a flat orange color with a thinner or no outline (and no shadows) would work best. I'm not sure - I'll keep that in mind.

• 1 month later...

Did I share all of these?

AndrewMacGillivrayBars.png

TranquilityEntry.png

Lines_zps3f0a506f.png

Anyways, the top one is newest, then the middle, then the bottom is oldest. Chronological order from top to bottom. Hope to do more over thanksgiving break.

• 1 month later...

I had to make a to-scale drawing of my school for math class - that wasn't the main part of the assignment - I just need one to edit because we are supposed to re-design the parking lot with 30 SHAPES! Because I'm in elementary math geometry!  So don't say or think I've cheated. But yeah, I opened up Google Earth, got a bird's eye view of the school, took a screenshot, and sloppily traced over it in PDN.  It looks okay in a smaller view - I just didn't exactly perfect the angles or join the lines or any of that stuff.  I'm just using it for reference when we draw it in class tomorrow, as I (and the rest of the class) wasn't able to walk around the school, count my strides, and figure out how to use that to make a to-scale drawing of it in the twenty minutes we were outside today.  Which is, surprisingly, what the teacher expected us to do...  The rulers didn't help very much.  Anyways, here is the image (larger than 800x600, to those with slow internet):

735128_3509321270914_1415429911_n.jpg

Edit: I must admit that it looks... funky, for lack of a better word.  

Edited by AGJM

Great new sigs. I especially like the last one with the icy-like texture. And also, I don't think you did a bad job with the scale drawing. It looks pretty good to me. By the way, geometry was never my strong point, well, math in general, but Algebra was definitely easier for me. 

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Great new sigs. I especially like the last one with the icy-like texture. And also, I don't think you did a bad job with the scale drawing. It looks pretty good to me. By the way, geometry was never my strong point, well, math in general, but Algebra was definitely easier for me. 

Thanks.  My favorite is the blue one, too.  And my dad is going to pay me to do one of the church - he has been trying to have a map made for a while, to no avail - based on how well I do it and such.  So, this weekend, my laptop will get a workout.  Anyways, that also puts me on the track towards a new computer - a small amount of money is still money.  I'll get there eventually.  My first legitimate income from doing something for a while.  I'm quite happy right now.