agjm's art gallery ~ new image 11-19-2012 - New Image This Month!

AGJM

• 4 weeks later...

Aha! I haven't died. Took a bit of a Skyrim-related break...

Re-invented my style a bit. Just a bit. Putting in more effort, less of those vortex things...

While I was gone, I also found out that I have ADD, and the medicine helps a lot... :D

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd370/Andrew_MacGillivray/shine.jpg

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd370/Andrew_MacGillivray/AGJMprofilepic.jpg

Edit:

Two minor edits of "shine", I think it greatly increases the look of the work:

First edit ( b&w dents + blend mode color dodge)

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd370/Andrew_MacGillivray/ShineV2.jpg

Second edit... doesn't exactly "shine" anymore, but it is my favorite. Blend mode on dents changed to darken:

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd370/Andrew_MacGillivray/shineV3.jpg

Edited by AGJM

The hardest part of ending is starting again. 

Great images Agjm! Don't fret about the ADD, I have it as well and been taking meds since 1st or 2nd grade (I'm in 11th now)

ADD people have faster and more active minds than the average person, only difference is difficulty thinking due to frustration or sensory stimuli etc.

(I've spent lots of time defining the condition through my experiences so I and others can understand me. I could probably write a book with it all, but I'm not that dedicated)

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or need someone to share with. As a sharer of condition, I'm here for you bro.

Edited by NinjaManDan21

Sig Battle Wins: 5
DigitalTypographyNightvision.gif
My Gallery
| Smoke>Flames Tutorial

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 4% who will

Great images Agjm! Don't fret about the ADD, I have it as well and been taking meds since 1st or 2nd grade (I'm in 11th now)

ADD people have faster and more active minds than the average person, only difference is difficulty thinking due to frustration or sensory stimuli etc.

(I've spent lots of time defining the condition through my experiences so I and others can understand me. I could probably write a book with it all, but I'm not that dedicated)

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or need someone to share with. As a sharer of condition, I'm here for you bro.

Psychologist said that I don't get the majority of the problems that usually come along with it because of my IQ (somewhere around 138-140)

Honestly, I'm just glad to finally get the medicine. It helps a lot.

Thanks, though.

Edit: New piece, "Transform".

I want to add more, but I've run out of ideas.

Any suggestions?

http://customize.org/thumbnails/larger/96485.jpg

Edited by AGJM

A higher IQ is normal for ADD and ADHD persons. I'm the same way, but as time goes on you will notice its affects more (especially when you've forgotten your meds.) If you don't mind me asking, what meds do you take?(don't answer if you don't want to. I don't mean to pry.)

Edited by NinjaManDan21

Sig Battle Wins: 5
DigitalTypographyNightvision.gif
My Gallery
| Smoke>Flames Tutorial

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 4% who will

A higher IQ is normal for ADD and ADHD persons. I'm the same way, but as time goes on you will notice its affects more (especially when you've forgotten your meds.) If you don't mind me asking, what meds do you take?(don't answer if you don't want to. I don't mean to pry.)

Its fine.

Methanphindate or something (no auto correct options besides "methamphetamine", and it isn't that.)

I have started to notice the effects more, even after three days.

Edited by AGJM

I couldn't figure out what to call this one, so I called it "sides". I tried to make it look like the text was held between the two sides of blue. Came out a bit jaggy,

so a few blurs were used.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd370/Andrew_MacGillivray/AGJMbluesides.png

Would anyone like a tutorial?

Me!

That looks pretty cool, don't like the text though. :)

By the way, here is a tutorial.

Some work better than others, so it may take more than once. The dents effect the outcome, so some randomization sadly comes into play.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, AGJM! You have done some seriously remarkable work! I truly admire your imagination (something I seem to be lacking). The orange glow art is among my favorite. Just a very cool effect you've achieved with those.

Look, I know I'm REALLY late in responding to the question of how to do the crescent on the helio sig, and chances are, you've already figured it out. However, on the off chance that you haven't, I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds by offering the easiest method I've found for creating it.

First, using the line tool, draw from top to bottom and give it a nice curve.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc182/1stBass/stepone.png

Next, gaussian blur it at about 10-13

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc182/1stBass/steptwo.png

Finally, draw a transparent linear reflected gradient. Easy as pie.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc182/1stBass/stepthree.png

Not sure if you actually needed that information, but I thought I'd offer it anyway. I look forward to seeing more from you.

• Upvote 2

Love them both lol!!

Thanks!

I like the shapes in both of them.

So do I. The new one is my favorite.

Wow, AGJM! You have done some seriously remarkable work! I truly admire your imagination (something I seem to be lacking). The orange glow art is among my favorite. Just a very cool effect you've achieved with those.

I don't have a great imagination. Rarely do I plan out the image that I make. I mess around with tools, use a few effects, then polish it up in any way I can. That's why most of my stuff is abstract. The orange effect is just stocks with a single effect on them. Not too great :P

Look, I know I'm REALLY late in responding to the question of how to do the crescent on the helio sig, and chances are, you've already figured it out. However, on the off chance that you haven't, I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds by offering the easiest method I've found for creating it.

First, using the line tool, draw from top to bottom and give it a nice curve.

Next, gaussian blur it at about 10-13

Finally, draw a transparent linear reflected gradient. Easy as pie.

Not sure if you actually needed that information, but I thought I'd offer it anyway. I look forward to seeing more from you.

Thanks!

I typically make crescents by using a large brush and making a single dot, then using a slightly larger or smaller eraser to take away from it. Then, blur. It works even better with black; you can use the alpha mask plugin to give it a gradient.

Edited by AGJM

I tried to make it look like the text was held between the two sides of blue. Came out a bit jaggy, so a few blurs were used.

Just a suggestion: I think that if you duplicated the 2 blue halves, and on first layer erase the left side and on the second layer erase the right side, you can then put the letters in a layer in-between these and the first layer would slightly overlap the lettering. This should improve the effect of it being "held between" the two sides.

Just a suggestion: I think that if you duplicated the 2 blue halves, and on first layer erase the left side and on the second layer erase the right side, you can then put the letters in a layer in-between these and the first layer would slightly overlap the lettering. This should improve the effect of it being "held between" the two sides.

Easier: Select one side with a selection tool. Ctrl+c then edit > cut then ctrl+v - paste into new layer. Its a bit quicker, for me.
I didn't do it because it looked like it would be
Another thought is to do that with the back part of one side, then put it into a layer behind the front (adding to the 3D effect.)

[four-years-ex-post-facto-edit -- sorry, I really wish I hadn't always tried to know everything.  Thanks for the advice!  (And I don't really think anyone will see this, it's just here for my own conscience's sake...  smh.)]

Edited by AGJM