Skullbonz Art Gallery - May, 5th- Train Set and more

skullbonz

Thank you all very much,your comments mean a lot to me. It was all of you and your works that showed me what was possible with Paint.net and the awesome plugins. I have no schooling in art,just like drawing things since I was a kid until I got my first computer in 98'. I wanted to make cool pictures like you see in movies but back then all I had was Windows paint,lol,but I did ok,lol. Since then I have had several pay and free programs that were very limited and some difficult to use. Finally I found you guys and Paint.net and everything changed. I had no work,it was winter,internet is on and I downloaded it. This past week my friends have dragged me out of my house and made me do things in the sunlight. The first day was pretty tough on the eyes,I haven't been outside more than to let the dog out and in since I downloaded PDN. My god people are ugly! Here is a picture of me,they say I've changed. What do you think? Do I look alright to you? I hope I'm not breaking a rule putting this here,if so I'll move it,but do I look ok?

th_alienme.jpg

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

I think I'm getting better now that I have been spending my days outside doing things instead of holed up in my pc room,lol. But I still have to get my PDN fix at night,lol,don't want to get the shakes from being away from it for too long,lol. Here are some that I made this week. I added 4 in the fractal section,check out the one with the blue sphere. If you look at it for a minute your eyes will see other spheres that aren't there,lol. It is better as a png and full size but it still works a little as a jpg.

I also added an icecream shop picture,lol,it was my first try at it so there are mistakes,lol.

I added another space picture,an alien city,lol. :)

Edited by skullbonz

I like how you add humor to your images (well, at least I think they're funny).

The ice cream shop image is pretty cool. Working with perspective can be tricky at times. And the alien city is well-done. Nice work!

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Thank you Helen, I love putting smiles on people's faces,there is too much sorrow in the world these days and we need more things to make people smile. :)

I just added 4 space pics,lol,sorry but in 2 of them I used pictures from Hubble to add the realism to my humor,lol,if there is such a thing,lol. B)

I really like the spheres with the spikes and the way they taper out in the end. They look like fine strokes. The planets have nice textures (the ones you made). Did you use tile reflection for some of them?

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

• 2 weeks later...

I just added a couple more that I did using pictures of my favorite alien,lol. My goal is to be able to make these guys from scratch someday. With PDN and Sculptris I may be able to do that,that is if I get the Sculptris program mastered before the master calls me to heaven,lol.

Thank you all for your comments,please excuse the lateness of getting back to you,I have been away for awhile. Helen,I used the "Trail 3d" on the ones I think you are talking about before I made them into spheres. I try making planets out of all kinds of things,lol,you would be surprised at what makes cool looking planets. I once used a picture of dirty snow to make a moon,lol,looked pretty real,of course with a little blur first. A picture of birds eye maple with some effects added makes a cool planet,the grains look like rivers and mountains,lol. a lot easier than making them from scratch but you may have to try a few different ones before you find the look you want. I have a folder full of them,lol,and I keep adding more.

I have missed my PDN for the last week,I am happy to be home. :) Stay tuned more pictures coming.

• 4 weeks later...

Just added on 7/1/11 in the art and space section. I also added a humorous one at the bottom,lol. Summer has been taking way to much of my time,not enough time to play on the pc. But here's a few new ones to let you all know I'm still alive,lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry everybody that you haven't seen me around here much lately. With summer in full swing my family keeps me going,lol,with not much time for my favorite pastime---->Paint.Net,lol. But I have managed to make a few more pictures for the gallery and your viewing pleasure,enjoy. ;)

WOW! What a great bunch of images. 87, 88 & 93 are my favourites. Here it is winter for us but I can smell spring around the corner on days like today. I miss the sunshine & warmth. Hmmm...ok we get incredible heat here but I'd rather that than cold.

Good to see you managed to get some images done as well as having a good time with you family.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Thank you everyone,I am just an amateur that experiments with all the cool plugins in PDN,I love this program and never use any other to make my pics. With the exception of Sculptris of course,lol,but I am still learning that one. Molding clay is a whole new concept to me,but PDN is coming easy for me,I love it. I have gotten so that I can manipulate pictures pretty good which is scaring the hell out of my friends and family,lol. It helps me keep em in line,lol,I tell them,"I can put your face on anything and have it all over the net by tonight". I assure them that all my pictures are meant to be fun and bring smiles to their faces. I hope they bring smiles to yours also.

Now in the latest batch; #79 is a picture of the bonfire at the fireworks.,,, #87 & 88 are two different pictures of the sky,,,,#89 is just colored lines and effects,,,,All the rest including the one I added today are pictures of the fireworks. All were done using no other program but Paint.Net. Some used multiple layers and effects to come out with what is there. I have an idea and I experiment with different effects to achieve the look I want and sometimes get something real cool looking on the way,lol,I have a ton on my hard drive. This program and all of the real cool plugins is the best thing I have ever used. It is easy to use and fairly easy to install and great for anyone from beginners to experts to use. You can do things with this that you can't with other programs. At first I was missing the air brush tool that all the others have and the mini brush plug in was not quite what they were, I learned to do what I needed much better with the effects. Around New Years I will have been using PDN a year and I can't wait to see what I can make by then or even a year from then,lol.

I love this forum and all you great people out there,thank you all for being here. There is an awesome amount of talent around here and to the beginner I say "Don't give up,keep learning and experimenting."

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Welsh,that's one of my favorites also. Here is a copy of it after I adjusted the brightness and contrast and it makes parts of it appear rusty,(I hope the mods don't mind me putting it here). th_1-d-c.png

I just added a few in the Space Section that are pretty cool,if you use your imagination,lol. I also added a few at the end,the last 2 might make you smile,lol.

For real, this is just fantabulous! I like what you did with this. It makes me feel as if this chain is in a barn or garage somewhere and the door is slightly opened as the light softly falls onto the edges of it...

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,:D Well now that summer is winding down I have more time to play on the computer. But I have picked up a couple of projects from friends using my new found skills with pictures,lol,and videos which is limiting my play time some,,, but I have found time to make a few to add to the gallery. I added 4 new ones in the ART section and 7 I believe in the SPACE section. The first one added was my entry in SAC #16,which fetched my first,first,lol. But the last one I added in this section is my favorite,the one with the mountain,planet and orange sun. I have been experimenting with mixing photo manipulation and my art together in the same picture,this is one of them. Still a nooby and learning. ;)

Edited by skullbonz