How to Cool Text

assuming you mean the one in tans that actually says "glossy" on the first page- its text with an unblurred but widened dropshadow in a slightl darker colour with what apears to be a horizontal conditional hue/sat then coloredfiltered to tan on the main text-- will try to duplicate then let you know the steps

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

well, a little more indepth than i figured this was my result-- not the same font, but you get the idea

000glossy.png

as this isnt the place for tutorials- i can send how i did this in a pm-- up to you-- others can probably do it better

Edited by mountnman

spacesig.png

saw your tutorial on this yesterday-- dont realy go into the fonts tutorials much- i shoudl there are some cool things there- but i am getting off the subject

said to myself that it didnt matter, it was all good, but it has bugged me off and on all day at work so..

you asked for help duplicating that font- i decided to try it, got caught up and spent a couple of hours on it

sent you the steps, then a few days later i see 'your' so called tutorial on the same font- so i decide to take a look

you gave me credit for "some help"

SOME HELP?!?!

the entire technique is mine! you didnt MODIFY it, you didnt IMPROVE on it, you didnt even BOTHER TO RETYPE it! you simply copied and pasted the PM that I sent you- which, i will state, was never ment to be a published tutorial- its too incomplete

now i enjoy helping people, i realy do. i dont need recognition or gratitude, the knowledge that i helped someone is enough- BUT for someone to claim my work as their own angers me

i am not a great graphic artist like possum or yellowman or any of the other top artists on here-yet

an it is highly unlikely that i will ever have the technical knowledge of EER or brewster

but i will, in my limited way, continue to help people as i can

EXCEPT for you

my only regret is that EER locked that tutorial before i found it, so i could have called you out on it htere instead of here

and now, when i see a picture or tut that you claim as yours, i will wonder, who realy did the work for that--

spacesig.png

mountnman, if you have a problem with another forum member, ranting at them in public is not the way to go about resolving it.

Better options, in the order you should try them:

• PM the other person and calmly try to work things out (not by yelling at them and escalating the situtation!).
  • Report the tutorial or PM. Reporting a PM makes it visible to the moderators, so would be useful in determining how much of the tutorial was actually plagiarized.
  • PM a moderator.

That said, the tutorial in question has already been closed for other reasons, so there's really not much point in making any more fuss about it.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

So now we know why screenshots were not included - you didn't post him any! :lol:

Said user will not be around for a week due to another indiscretion (took exception to me locking the tut). I'll delete the tutorial altogether.

Mountnman if you wish to repost it as your tutorial (with screenshots) I'm OK with that.

lol thank you

but that effect needs a good bit more pollish before it is ready for a tutorial, not to mention seeing if it even works for other colours than the sepia- ill have to play around with it and see

spacesig.png