My questions are being locked out

Can anyone tell me why I am getting my questions locked out? I posted 2 questions about plug-ins in the plug-ins category and I have had both of those questions locked out by moderator Ego Eram Reputo.

There seems to be no other way to post a question about a plug-in except in the plug-ins category... but instead of getting a helpful response, I am only getting my questions locked out.

I am brand new to this forum and I am having no success with getting a kind reply.

I noticed that other specific questions about individual plug-ins are being answered in the plug-ins category and even in the general discussion category and those questions are not being locked out, they are getting answered.

I guess I will give up since I can't ask a question here without getting locked out.

Thanks Ego Eram Reputo.

numetro

Edited by numetro

Ask the question about a plugin as a post in that plugin's thread, not as a new topic. :)

Sarkut,

As I said, There seems to be no other way to post a question about a plug-in except in the plug-ins category... when I am on the download page for the PSD plug-in, there is no "start new thread" button and no link to a specific thread for that plug-in.

When I am on the download page for the AlphaMask Brush v1.7 plug-in, there is a "start new thread" button, but it only takes me to the general plug-ins category.

How do I go to an existing thread for a specific plug-in if I am creating a new thread by posting a question.

Why are other people successfully asking questions and getting replies when they post questions about plug-ins in the general category or in the general plug-ins category.

When I post a question, that is creating a new thread... does it seem a bit askew that I can't post a question about plug-ins in the plug-ins category?

There is a catch 22 here and I feel that this is a forum where the moderators and administrators are not here to answer questions, for me anyway, but just to lock people out from replying to my questions.

I give up... you beat me.

numetro

You reply in the plugin's thread the same way you replied to this one. I seriously don't understand what the difficulty is.

So to ask a question, I need to reply to someone's question that has already been posted?... how can I find a question that matches my question verbatim?... how can I post a new question?... by this, no one would be able to post a new question, ever.

You don't understand what the difficulty is?... I can't ask a question without being locked out... how is everyone else posting new questions without being locked out?

numetro

How come out of the hundreds and hundreds of new members you are the only one complaining about a non-existent paradox?

If you have a question about a plugin, go to that plugin's thread and add a reply stating your question. What's so hard?

The term 'Reply' does not necessarily colloquially mean replying to the previous poster. If you don't know that then you have no business on a forum.

Edited by csm725

So to ask a question, I need to reply to someone's question that has already been posted?... how can I find a question that matches my question verbatim?... how can I post a new question?... by this, no one would be able to post a new question, ever.

You don't understand what the difficulty is?... I can't ask a question without being locked out... how is everyone else posting new questions without being locked out?

numetro

Not every thread is a single question! In the plugin forum, each thread represents the discussion on a single plugin, including bug reports, feature requests, and questions.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

How come out of the hundreds and hundreds of new members you are the only one complaining about a non-existent paradox?

If you have a question about a plugin, go to that plugin's thread and add a reply stating your question. What's so hard?

The term 'Reply' does not necessarily colloquially mean replying to the previous poster. If you don't know that then you have no business on a forum.

I give, you explain it to me.

I see that I can't post a question here... I wonder what the "Start New Topic" button is for.

On any other forum I can ask a new question without being locked out by mods and admins.

You guys win... I'll leave and move on... this has been a wonderful experience.

I have stopped watching my "topics" since I am being locked out from all of them... why hasn't anyone locked this topic?

numetro

Edited by numetro

I can lock it if you wish.

Look, you're managed to have a conversation in this thread. Do the same in the thread related to the plugin. If we keep all the questions in the same plugin thread you end up having a conversation ABOUT THE PLUGIN. This keeps all the discussion in the same thread where it belongs.

Keeping all the plugin questions and answers in one place makes it easier for other users to locate the information.

In both cases where I locked your posts I told you to post in the thread related to the plugin. How did you misunderstand that?

<moved to General Discussion & questions>

Do you mods have like a limited amount of bandwidth for new topics? You do tend to jump at useless threads. :roll:

Perhaps a new thread for small questions would suffice. :/

Edited by jerry533482

Space...The Final Frontier. -James Tiberius Kirk; circa 2260s

YLOD VICTIM

Do you mods have like a limited amount of bandwidth for new topics? You do tend to jump at useless threads. :roll:

Do you have like an unlimited amount of free time? You do tend to ask a lot of really stupid questions.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!