Paint.NET Object Model?

Apoligies if this is in the incorrect forum.

I just got CodeLab, and I'm really interested in trying it out. I went throught the four steps of creating a plug-in successfully. Now, I'm wondering what other amazing things I can do. So, I'm curious if the Object Model is available for Paint.NET. That would be really helpful.

Well, and part of my problem is that I'm trying to do this at work, but they're blocking access to BoltBait's site because it has games on it. So, I can't access the help files while I'm here.

What I would really like to do is pretty simple. I need to be able to add a layer, and draw a straight line. I've been able to calculate all my line starting and ending points.

Thanks so much for reading,

mcescher

What you want to do is not possible.

Is that forever, or will adding layers be a possibility in the future?

I'm a photographer, and what I would like to do is add a layer and then draw like a tic-tac-toe diagram on the new layer. This represents the rule of thirds in design. Points of interest should be on the lines and specifically on the intersections. But I don't want it to be destructive.

Working within the selected area would be great. I could select a possible crop and then show the rule of thirds lines.

Thanks,

mcescher

You can make a new layer, draw the tic-tac-toe pattern with the Line / Curve tool,

and save the image as a transparent PNG.

This can then be imported as a new layer into any .pdn file you want it in.

Layers > Import From File...

What's not possible is to have a plugin create a new layer.

Edited by Sarkut

What's possible/impossible using plugins: Clicky (it's on this forum).