Heat Stroke's gallery_+April 3 and update

Heat Stroke

By bright, I think I meant saturated, then again I really dont know what I meant! :roll::P

Still trying to get some sort of inspiration for a larger artwork. Here is a space scape celebrating the first day of Christmas!!!

http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad10/HeatStroke99/space/christmas_downsized.png

better version on DA

Edited by Heat Stroke

Wait! No matter where you go, there you are!

We're all wise guys.

Thanks barbieq for the critique! There are too many colors, I agree. But like Kemaru said, It was just something for Christmas, not too realistic.

Thanks Kemaru!

Last update before I take my college finals. (wish me luck!)

Made using Ella's fine tutorial:

http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad10/HeatStroke99/drawings%20and%20designs/glasstext_again.png

We're all wise guys.

Thanks, Ella's tutorial was VERY well done!

Edit: new picture. Just a test to see of one of my many untested ideas was worth pursuing deeper. The nebula is a mandelbulb 3D fractal that I rendered myself. I distorted it, and added planets, in paint.net. What do you all think?

http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad10/HeatStroke99/space/nebula_3D_planet.png

almost forgot a name! I think im gonna call it: Galactus Feeds... For a lack of a better name.

Edited by Heat Stroke

We're all wise guys.

Thank you both for the comments and suggestions. I agree that it needs more work. I will hopefully go back to it and fix it up.

My entry for the SAC#14, and I tied for first with yellowman!

http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad10/HeatStroke99/space/fragment_final.png

I am working on updating my sig, i am about 4 awards behind. But I will get it done!

We're all wise guys.

Thanks Chrisco! :D

Thanks for the suggestion Barbieq! I thought the text was a little far to the edge, but didnt want to say anything (to see if anyone honestly thought the same thing and would bring it up). I will see what I can do.

Updates:

Tried to fix the bright spot on the hood of the lambo:

yellowsigfix.png

I dont really like this one, but I dont know how to improve it, so suggestion are more than welcome.

mclarenracersig.png

For some reason, blue looks good in a cop sig.

MP4copsig.png

We're all wise guys.

Thanks Chrisco, I am working on removing the 'outline' look of the last one. Some blurring and smudging should help that.

Thanks Barbieq!

Thanks for stopping by possum! :) I guess I did something right with that one!

Update:

Just messing around with a few textures I made a while ago. Put them all together and added some text and blending, etc.

th_DAID2.png

A new space scape WIP. Suggestions needed. The foreground landscape was made with Mandelbulb 3D.

th_greenlandscape.png

We're all wise guys.

I think I commented on the first one on dA . Super grunge effect.

As for the spacescape WIP I love the green glow off the landscape onto the planet and moon and your stars and nebula is great.The only thing I feel needs some work is the landscape . On the far right it looks like a valley with water pouring in . Maybe something could be done here. And what about adding a bit of texture to the main body of the landscape? For a WIP this is looking really good. I`ll be interested to see how it develops. ;)

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN