Plugin/Feature request: Apply Image

A plugin that flattens the image and creates it on a new layer would be nice. I work with larger images than my laptop can handle (~10mp), so Flatten-Copy-Undo is painfully slow. This plugin would be really useful when editing colours on sigs, photos, manipulations (Apply Image - Gradient Mapping, Apply Image - Levels etc.) for example.

I don't know if this is even possible, though.

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

Ok, I see. It would have been useful but I can manage without it.

I'm not sure what you mean. :? Do you mean flattening an image onto a new layer?

Nevertheless, effects can only read the selected layer.

Yeah, that was what I meant.

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

Photoshop has a feature like this, called "Stamp Visible," that isn't in any toolbar or menu, but is Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F. It flattens all currently visible layers into a new layer that is placed on the top. It's really quite a good feature, and would be cool to see in PdN.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

That's precisely what it is.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

couple of cliks I use that method all the time. what's it take all of 3 or 4 seconds max. don't really think it is plugin worthy. I definetly would not code a plug in for something so simple.

besides by the time you hit effects found the plugin and hit the button you could have done the shortcuts Rick outlined above and been on to the next step in your picture.

ciao OMA

We dont all have systems like some of you guys, it takes upwards of 40 seconds to do that procedure on my computer, and thats only on 10 layers! If its not possible or would be too difficult then sure, but a feature like this would be nice too see, mabye not a plugin, but a feature. :D