fonts

first off I had Paint.net before but recently my OS crashed and had to be reinstalled I had all the fonts available such as Old English. now that I re-downloaded it I dont have those fonts anymore and I cant figure out why. I never installed any plugins or anything to it originally. but is there a way to get it back? I used Old English quite a bit so I really want it back

and atm im using 3.5 alpha with the newest build. I just downloaded it to try it and have the missing fonts on it and the fonts were also missing on the 3.3.6 I had before I DLed 3.5

Fonts are not installed to Paint.NET, they are installed to Windows. If you don't have a font, it's because you don't have it in Windows - or because it's an OpenType font, which Paint.NET doesn't support.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

oh alright thnks. and a quick question how exactly would I go about instaling what I dont have?

I get all my fonts from dafont.com

Go to a font website,download the font...extract it...and move it into your fonts folder...you should have paint.net closed while you are doing this,I'm not sure the font will show up if the program is open.

siggy.jpg

Just be careful. The more fonts you have, the longer it'll take to open the Fonts drop-down menu.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Uh, there's nothing to fix. You install the fonts, you deal with the lag.

Planned for post-3.5, if I'm not mistaken.

Font list lag has been greatly decreased in the upcoming version 3.5, probably due to asynchronous loading of the rendered font preview. I have 985 installed fonts, and in the current 3.5 Beta, the font list is as snappy as any other drop-down.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

is it because i have installed all of the addons off this forum....?

Possibly, why don't you shift them into a sub folder so PDN doesn't see them and see if this helps?

Question: Do you really need every plugin published?