Single Effects

To Publishers, thank you for all your hard work, and making these available to everyone. Some of these are awesome. But, for some, it would make it a lot easier if each effect could be downloaded separately, instead of as a pack.

Just a thought:)

Thanks again.

The only people the packs are hurting are those still on dial-up. For everyone else, it's easier to download 1 file and pick 2 to 4 plugins out of 20 or so than to download those 2 to 4 individually. For those who want more than 4, it's a lot less work to download that 1 file. And even for those who only want 1 plugin, it's the exact same amount of work to download the pack vs. the 1 plugin. So regardless of how many plugins from a pack you want, whether it's 1 or all of them, the pack takes the same amount of work or less, never more. There is no advantage.

And yes, maintaining more than 5 or so plugins as separate downloads is a nightmare. I would know; I've been there.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

...make it a lot easier if each effect could be downloaded separately, instead of as a pack.

Many of the plugin packs have effects as separate files in the ZIP. Download the pack and install only effects those you want. Just beware, because some packs have common files that are also required to support some the individual effects.

Hint: read the installation instructions in the thread pertaining to that plugin pack :wink:

I think I know what mysta02 is getting at though. There are some packs that don`t have individual dll files so if you want one plug in you have to have all the rest as well. I have effects in PDN that I rarely, if ever, use and would be quite happy to remove them. But I can`t because it would mean losing the effect I want to keep as well.

Having separate dll files would avoid this.

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Yes, sorry, I didn't make it super clear what I was talking about. The packs I downloaded today were quick to receive, and had individual DLL's for me to install.

I just meant the ones where you have to install the whole pack. It makes a lot of clutter in the program.

That's all.

Thanks for the replies:)

What's wrong with downloading plug-ins as a pack instead of separately? I'm glad we can download them as a pack. :D

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

What's wrong with downloading plug-ins as a pack instead of separately? I'm glad we can download them as a pack. :D

The only time it's an issue is when you not only have to download them together (which is fine), but you have to install them together as well. If you happen to like one of the 20 plugins, that's 19 useless plugins cluttering up your effects menu, and that SUCKS.

That's what we're saying.