Possum Roadkill Gallery

Possum Roadkill

The landscape and the flamingo are great, so colorful , and welsh is right, you need 2 bottles (he has an image for those, and it is one of my favorites) and need also shadows on the floor, cause they are both the bottle and the bird , floating in the air.

I ended up not using the flamingo I posted here. I made a different one for my friends logo. The one I gave him had no background, it was just the bird on a transparent background. It was much larger too, I think it was like 7 or 8 inches tall because his wife was going to have it put on a shirt. This is the one I finally ended up using, I just added the background to post it on here.

th_FlamingoLogo2small.png

th_Flamingo2B.png

th_FlamingoLogo1Small.png

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Don't know what is funnier, the Flamingo welding or Welshy's comment!

I love it! Each one of the Flamingo ones is so good. The expression on his face is just cracking me up. Well done!

I'm not sure why I haven't seen the updates before...looked at your albums & love the new works there. The lakeside one is really good. I see you've done a water dragon too...it is so cute!

Well done!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

I made a matching pair of sigs for a friend of mine who participates in US Civil War reenactments. They all dress in period clothing and use period military gear and reenact significant battles of the US Civil War. He is a US Marine and a volunteer at the Emergency Services Office where I am also a volunteer. I used parts of Oma's sword tut to craft the Civil War era sabers.

GarySaberSig2.pngGarySaberSig.png

@ barbieq Thanks, it is kind of wacky isn't it? I thought Welsh's comments was one of the funniest things I've heard. I had never heard that saying about welding before. I always thought it would be really cool to be able to weld and do metal sculptures.

@ sokagirl. Thanks ! Hey love the new matching avy and sig. Those are so cool ! I've tried to get back to doing sigs lately. I helped a friend start a new community forum and he joined mine and didn't have a sig or avatar. So I made him some and let him decide which ones he liked. He chose the first one to use on my forum and the last one to use on his forum. I found a great picture of a mule's head busting through the screen and made it into an avatar. So the last one here really fit the whole Jacka** theme for him. I really like the first one. I think it's a really cool look and I had never done anything like it before.

HeywoodSigBar3.png

HeywoodSigBar.png

HeywoodSigBar2.png

HeywoodDonkeySig.png

Where do I start? My eyes are running all over the place and I can't keep up with your work. I absolutely love those textures! The flamingo is so adorable and silly. Very nice. The 'Gary' sigs are tremendously beautiful and so perfectly shadowized (is that a word? :lol: ). I love the 'Heywood' sigs, too. Now how in the world did you create that metallic texture? :shock:

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

that Heywood sig is really nice. especially the first one. I really like the end bevels and the centre portion behind the name. the colors of that one are just so harmonious. (hope I spelled that correct I miss the spell check in ie8)

well I just have to comment on the sig for Gary. well done and I'm so glad to see that little sword tut put to such a creative use. and just have to say the handle is super!

Now these kind of sigs appeal to me. They tell clearly who the sig belongs to. They are personalized to the individual and are so much more classy than just a paste on. Especially since you managed to make all the elements your self 100% paint.net.

great great great

bravo my friend

ciao OMA

lol, well that sky is really nice

Oops ! I thought you meant my regular user sig. Yes, the Mule sig for Heywood ! I did that as a little play on a phrase "Howling at the moon", but in this case it's "Braying at the moon" since mules and donkeys "bray". I have had that donkey stock photo for years now and have used it in a variety of images. It always makes me laugh.

@ Helen, Thanks ! The metal texture started out as a gradient (multi color gradient), then the Fire! plugin, and followed by the color flip/rotate. On the Gary sigs, I bet I spend as much time doing the shadows as anything except the sabers. I was really happy with the way they turned out. I may even make on for myself.

@ Oma, Thanks for stopping by. It's so good to hear from you. I could not have done the sabers without your sword tut. Now I want to do a King Arthur sword ! I agree with you, I think the sigs that tell a story about the person they are made for are much more interesting. And when you make the entire thing yourself, I think it is even more appreciated by the recipient. The one Heywood sig is the first one in a long time where I used a stock image. Not sure I could draw a donkey ! Besides, he's so handsome. The first Heywood sig reminds me of tortoise shell for some reason. I remember when I was really young, my grandmother had a tortoise shell comb. I always thought the colors were so beautiful.

Really well done! I just love the reflection and the night scenery. It's seems very tranquil. Sometimes a person needs to be alone and I think that this image portrays that really well. The "Thinker" is amazing! There is no face, but just through his arms and body position you know that he's thinking. I love it! :shock:

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Thanks guys. I thought it was a fun piece to do. I have been thinking about it for a long time. Helen, I'm glad you like him without a face. I thought it really said more with his posture, and I'm not good at faces :lol: .

I did a new abstract and posted it in the Abstract Images forum. There is a rather odd explanation that goes with it. :D I guess I'm really tired and all that goofyness just came out. :lol: Anyway, I guess I better get some sleep, I've been up over 25 hours now and things are running thin. See you all later on the back side. 8)

-Possum

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to share with you the Christmas cards I made this year. These are clickable thumbnails. You can click on them and they will open in my Photobucket gallery. These are all original art, 100% Paint.net, no photos or renders were harmed in the making of these Christmas cards.

th_ChristmasCardSnowmanAndFlamingo.png th_ChristmasCard_Snowman1.png th_ChristmasCard_Snowman2.png th_ChristmasCardJoyToTheWorld.png th_ChristmasCardStar.png

th_ChristmasCardGlossyOrbs.png th_ChristmasCardChristmasTree.png th_ChristmasCardRobotSanta.png th_ChristmasCardPenguin.png th_ChristmasCardAnimalTracks.png

May this holiday season find you with joy in your heart, with love for your family, and an inner peace in your heart. May you be of good cheer, with good friends, and a song in your heart. Merry Christmas my good friends. Peace on earth, good will to mankind.

- Possum

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to both of you, I really enjoyed doing the Christmas cards and it really put me in the Christmas spirit this year.

This is a new sig I did for a member on my forum.

M_LightSaberSig.png

New Abstracts - Made with Apophysis and PdN.

th_HeartInTheClouds.png

th_ElectricSheep.png

New Abstract 100% PdN

th_AbstractSixteen_PositronCollision.png