HELP WITH 3D TEXT

hey all im pretty new to paint.net and iv just about finished remaking the skin of a game

over 100 files iv edited and changed and al iv realy got left is the main back ground of the log in and im wanting to put some 3d text on it saying BOT'S

AND IM COMPLETEY CLUELESS ON HOW TO DO IT

so im wondering if there is and efect i can use or a tool i can add on or some thing that will help me out

i also have some advertising space avalibal would u guys mind if i threw some trafic ur way

THE BEVEL SERLECTION TOOL MAKES NICE TEXT BUT ITS NOT QUITE WHAT I WANT

Take a look at the Bevel Selection tool.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=26238&hilit=Bevel+Selection

Maybe try a search on those words.

And put 3D text, or something, in you topic title. That way more people may come to help.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

ok i had a bot of a play and after a bit of playing around i decided to drop my lame idea of what i wanted and thort i would go with some thing a bit like this this is wha t i got when i played aroud 4 15 min

BOTSTEXTSAVE1.png

i know the colours hurt ur eyes but it was just an experiment any thing else i should go do it to make it a bit better theres a bit of off colour bloody potato around the edge of some of the text i tried to cover it up but did a bloody potato job i think shhh u cant c it lol

look im sorry 4 the caps ok i keep bumping the stuipid caps lock and i get so sick of turning it off i just give up and leave it im folowing a tut atm and im a little stuck i cant get it to change colour any way iv just writen text roled it around dup it and motion bluered it under its self a few times till it looked good added the first inverted bit and now im stuck i would up load my pic but i cant b bothered atm

nvm i fixed it i used colour balance to get it to change

ok iv added my first real 3D bit of text what u think of it the clare is a bit crappy but its my first go at that so all helpful comments let them flow

29351_38ba62dc45f3182e2428f492998ea549

You went to the Tutorials+ section of this forum, right? Then you clicked on the sub-forum called "Text Effects", naturally. And of course you read through at least four topics that have 3D in the title?

If not, that might be the best place to start :wink:

Like this?

3dtext.jpg

Steps:

1.Make some text, try to use something bulky

2.delete the text and make a new layer

3.on the new layer create what you want your text to look like(you might want to bevel it)

4.merge layers

5.use roll/rotate to move it where you want

6.duplicate the layer,and select the text on the back layer, fill it with black

7.use the move tool (:MoveTool:) to create the shadow

8.make a background on a new layer

Done!

I hope this is what you want though.

Other 3d text tuts:

viewtopic.php?t=3866

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=29042

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=29053

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26352