Saving Layers as individual files

I recently made some frames for an animate gif with PDN, and all the frames are in layers on one PDN file. Is there any way to mass save the layers as separate gifs? The PDN file consists of 100+ layers, and I want to avoid flattening, saving, and undoing X 100 :shock:

Edit: I think I found something that should work:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24313&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=save+layer

I can do ya one better: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=28407

:-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 3 years later...

You may open the .pdn file in Irfanview and choose "Extract all frames..." There you can select the output file type i.e. gif.

The first frame is the composite image the others are the individual layers.

There is a drawback. Because Irfanview renders the image at load-time to a selectable background color you have to tell during save which color should be transparent in the gif.

midoras signature.gif

David's link fails because it pointed to the old forum (the post is three years old). This is the reason that we forbid responding to old posts.

I believe that the link was directing you to the Layer Saver plugin: Found Here.

As this thread is ancient - let's put it to bed like Rule #11 says.

<closed>

• 4 years later...

sigh What do I do? Layer Saver doesn't work on paint.net 4 and above, which sucks, because I like using 4.0.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=28407  This link doesn't work anymore.

My Irfanview doesn't read PDN files.

Great. I want to save my layers into individual PNG files, but nothing works. Help? I need a layer saver (not the one that doesn't work 4.0+) that actually works with paint.net.

Due to it's age, this thread is  <Closed>