Is there a way to reset the size of the Colors window?

Go to solution Solved by BoltBait,

Hey yall, Paint.net is a fantastic tool, but one thing that disturb me is that the color window itself seems like unadjustable.
Due to my work, I have to take my laptop with me, the laptop has a 2.5k (2560*1440) screen, and my monitor is 1080p(1920*1080), when I swtich from 2.5k back to 1080p, the color window did not change its size along with the resolution, I wonder if there is anything that I can do to eliminate these blank regions shown in the picture.
This is my first post in this forum, huge appreciations to the guys who answer my questions in advance.

Peace!

image.thumb.png.27e3541a6c1749615827ee0fd72ef064.png

8 minutes ago, NinthDesertDude said:

If there's a real resolution issue, I bet it'll go away if you use press F8 twice to close and reopen the color window.

(The F5, F6, F7, F8 keys correspond to the floating tool windows.)

No I tried this but it is still there. Thank you for the answer though!
(Sry I didn't see the reply button, so I will quote it right here)

@Rick Brewster
This question about a wrongly sized Colors window, and occasionally the other utility windows, is asked fairly regularly.

It seems that users:

• struggle with the problem, opening and closing the window in vain
  • fail to notice the tooltips saying 'Reset' on the utility window buttons
  • do not read the Documentation
  • do not search the forum enough

and then eventually post a new question.

With the increasing use of multi-display/multi-resolution setups, or as here, switching between a laptop screen and an external display, we seem doomed to having to answer the same question repeatedly.

Is there anything that you can do to detect the situation that the Colors window is unreasonably small or large for its content, or is not visible on any screen at all, and either correct this automatically or as a minimum alert the user to use Ctrl+Shift+F8 when they close and re-opening the window?

You may have been round this loop before and concluded that nothing can be done but I thought I'd ask just in case.

• Like 1

• Tactilis changed the title to Is there a way to reset the size of the Colors window?

I think this is just a side-effect of the recent addition where the More/Less state is remembered across sessions. 'tis just a bug. It keeps happening on my laptop too, since I use Remote Desktop to access it sometimes.

I was going to look at this for v5.1, but it may be worth looking at for v5.0.13 as well (January probably).

• Like 1

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

18 hours ago, Tactilis said:

This question about a wrongly sized Colors window, and occasionally the other utility windows, is asked fairly regularly.

How about a Reset All for the utility windows? Perhaps under Settings > UI?

image.png

• Upvote 3