plugin for Multi-Colored Rings growing outward (or inward) from a Shape or Object? --(Here starting from the letter "A")

5d7lji0ibpyb1.png?width=289&auto=webp&s=

• As the rings get bigger, they approach concentric Rings (circular-bands) in different colors.

Actually ... 

• Actually, I'm more interested in a similar effect that creates Rings inside a Shape (like this Letter "A")

I'll try these:

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/118807-does-an-inside-outline-bucket-tool-plugin-for-paintnet-exist/

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/11514-selection-tools-feather-outline-bevel-shadow-upd-2015-01-31/

I won't be adding this to Text Fun Factory.  It's a little too specialized.

However, if you have my plugin pack installed, you can easily do this using Effects > Selection > Outline Selection:

image.png

Select your text, use the plugin starting with the outmost color (orange) with a width of 20, click OK.

Run the effect again and change the color to blue with a width of 15.  Repeat with red 10 and yellow 5.

• Upvote 1

Thanks!  --   i'll try that...  

Everyone loves the (colorful) Fat Outline feature in the  [Text Fun Factory], and perhaps some people would like the option of having 2 outlines (one inside another) or 3.

Are  "Rings" growing (inward) inside of Letters  also easy to do manually (using your  [Outline Selection]  ) ?

Ringsgrowinginside2.png.5fef13941e13ac46d253832d57a1ce48.png

Edited by HenryH
Better image

(Inside  (convex)  polygons, these "Rings"  would look like  Tree-rings)

image.png.8f6a0011a533f972f72bdce983488453.png

>  Do tree rings damage trees?  ------>  Research shows the rings can slow tree growth, turn tree leaves yellow and increase tree mortality

Edited by HenryH

Rings only slow your growth when you name is Gollum :mrgreen:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, HenryH said:

>  Do tree rings damage trees?  ------>  Research shows the rings can slow tree growth, turn tree leaves yellow and increase tree mortality

@HenryH is conflating tree rings (i.e. the annual growth rings inside trees) with tree wells/rings (i.e. rings of mulch on the ground around trees).

See, for example, What about rubber mulch rings? at https://adairtreecare.com/posts/benefits-of-tree-wells-rings

• Upvote 1

Thanks... that looks great...      (if you did that for ABC (side by side)  it'd look SO Great that ... probably (Mr.) BoltBait will be tempted to ....) 

(sort of  [Psychedelic 60's look] ... e.g. album covers for Jimi Hendrix, or Santana's Amigos)

I wish there was a  way (in Paint.net) to casually write (Python-like syntax)  "macros"  so that  i can define my own command to make Rainbow-colored rings  growing (inward) inside of Letters  (using the  [Outline Selection]  or  [Outline Object]  ).

p.s. -- thanks also for the clarification on Rings and Trees -- i had no idea that ...  rings of mulch on the ground around trees can be harmful to trees.

Edited by HenryH

2 hours ago, HenryH said:

i had no idea that ...  rings of mulch on the ground around trees can be harmful to trees.

Off topic, I know, but just to clarify...

Any natural mulch is good for the tree because it suppresses weeds, retains moisture, and ultimately improves the soil, etc.

It's the rubber mulch rings that are the problem:

Tree-Ring-Mat.jpg

• Upvote 1