Animated Rain Tutorial

Glaga, I really like your lightning but having trouble getting it

in at right place and please explain the "then used default glow, =D" part.

Just used luminosity curves into (65,190) then used default glow, =D

Is it me --or do buffalo wings taste like chicken?

Glaga, I really like your lightning but having trouble getting it

in at right place and please explain the "then used default glow, =D" part.

Just used luminosity curves into (65,190) then used default glow, =D

I could be wrong, but I think they meant... Effects >>> Photo >>> Glow, then whatever default settings it has.

1gif1.gif

I made this along time ago using pretty much the same method.

The rain animation background you used looks pretty cool. Unfortunately, the "veitox" message is somewhat annoying. It blinks and moves up and down too fast :shock: If you would've used the "veitox" frames, either at the top or the bottom, and just made it blink in one place, it would've been much better.

1gif1.gif

I made this along time ago using pretty much the same method.

The rain animation background you used looks pretty cool. Unfortunately, the "veitox" message is somewhat annoying. It blinks and moves up and down too fast :shock: If you would've used the "veitox" frames, either at the top or the bottom, and just made it blink in one place, it would've been much better.

Well at first I made that then made this one as well. I was looking for the other one but i couldn't find it :?

Haloshipvietox.png

ChitoDog, Please explain how you get the lightning into image !!

I really like it and it adds so much to the raining picture. Thanks

First of all, thanx for the compliments, rtargo20. I didn't expect anybody to ask this from me, so let me see if I can try to give you a short, simple answer lol Well, personally I chose to use the other rain tutorial from these forums found in this link:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1288&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Simply because it was easier for me to understand and also because the rain has a more "watery" look to it. But it can be done with this rain tutorial in this topic as well.

Once I have my 2 "rain effect" GIF files ready to animate, I opened up any one of those GIF files in my PdN. I then go to, Adjustments >>> Curves >>> Luninosity >>> Set at about 110 (you can adjust this setting to your liking, but I personally used 110, not too bright, not too low). You then save it as a GIF file along with the other 2. Now you open up your UnFREEz. Normally, when making a "normal" rainfall animation, it only takes 2 frames. But since we're going to add a little lightning effect, we're going to need a lot more than just 2 frames lol we'll make this sample short and simple, then you can later add more frames depending on how long you want it to animate and how many times you'd like the lightning to flash. Since "normal" rain uses 1 set of two frames, right? Here, we're going to use "10" sets of 2 frames, in other words, 20 GIF files altogether. So add "5" sets first (without the "lightning effect GIF file yet), after that, you add the "lightning effect" GIF file, then you add "5" more sets of the normal rain GIF files again, giving you a total of 21 Frames. Then you set the Frame delay at 1 and the Loop Animation is "on". Then just make it and save it. That's basically it. I'd give more details and maybe even screen shots if anybody wishes, but I might get in trouble for probably posting off topic? lol I'm sure there may be other faster, easier, better ways of doing it, but this is just how I did it. Hope that helped in answering your question though, rtargo20 and thanx again for the compliments :D

Thanks ChitoDog for your prompt reply. I will give this a try and post my results

soon as possible. Your time, efforts and information is greatly appreciated.

I'm new to PDN and have a stack of tuts. that I've been working with and really

enjoy the work of creating and how much everyone is helpful.

I'm glad you guys are enjoying the tutorial.

@ChitoDog: I like that rain image you make. ;)

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Hey rtargo20, you have the right idea so far. What if you tried making the "lighting effect" frame a little less bright. You have to also consider the weather condition when deciding how bright you should make it. Also, try adding a few more "normal rain" frame sets between the first 2 flashes and the last third one. Other than that, it's looking pretty good for your first try :wink: .

Thanks ChitoDog for your comments. This has been an interesting and challenging

tut for me. I did make the "lighting" layer too bright and will add in more "normal rain".

I already see other pictures taken with our camera that I'm going to work on.

Have a good day and thanks again.

rtargo20, from what I see, it seems like everything is opposite? Did you add the correct GIF files to the UnFREEz? I ask because it looks like the "lightning effect" frame blinks "darker" than the "normal rain" frames. Perhaps you used the "normal rain" frames as the "lightning effect" frame, and you used the "lightning effect" frame as the "normal rain" frames? Try to double check to make sure you're adding the right frames. I kind of like the last sample you posted, where all you needed to do was lower the brightness of the lightning flash frame and add a few more sets of the "normal rain" frames.

ChitoDog, I did darken the lightning frames and I agree that I did get them

to dark, will lighten them up. I tried to add many more "normal frames" between

the lightning frames. Thanks for helping me.

@ChitoDog: Oh yeah. Thanks for helping out people with the lightning effect. :wink:

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y