Exploding planets

PacerCoin

My first post in the forums (although I've been a reader for a few months :)), and my first creation with Paint.NET.

I gotta say, this was a fun tutorial, and one of the first to really get my brain churning with creation ideas for Paint.NET. Thanks!

This one I call "Explosion". It was intended to be an exploding star moments after a "shockwave" was produced. I added some colors to "prettify" it :)

Explosion.png

Explosion.png

Very good work! Looks quite nice, my fellow Hoosier! ;-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Explosion.png

Very good work! Looks quite nice, my fellow Hoosier! ;-)

Thanks, although I don't know if I could repeat it. :) Lots of tweaking, undoing and redoing and experimenting with layer blending modes. This one was definitely a good learning experience.

You can also post .PNGs - better quality. Or ZIP the .PDN.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Hey dudes this Exploding Planets style is AWESOME!!!! I am totally new to Paint.NET and am now trying to learn things here. I tried it out and it worked all right. I made a blue exploding planet just like the one shown in the example. But when I saved it and reopened it, I saw that the image was totally white. Can any of you tell me why this happened and how can I correct this?