Recommended Plug-Ins for Vanilla Install

So I've been using Paint.Net for a few years now and it's a great program, but I've always used the vanilla version with no plug-ins. Mostly I use it for basic picture editing e.g. I have an eBay store and I use it to edit / enhance photographs before I list my items. I also use when I screen-grab images from the Internet so tools such as the magic wand are very handy and any improved version of this (better edge detection?) I would find very useful.

Is there a range of plug-ins that are a recommended "minimum" in order to increase functionality / productivity? I don't need anything hugely complex but anything that adds to basic functionality / speed & ease of use would be great!

TIA :)

Edited by Rich_R

1 hour ago, Rich_R said:

s there a range of plug-ins that are a recommended "minimum" in order to increase functionality / productivity? I don't need anything hugely complex but anything that adds to basic functionality / speed & ease of use would be great!

This is a tricky question.  It will depend on 'exactly' what you want to do.  You'd have to be a bit more specific.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

I've said this before here that I would not be without BoltBait's plugin pack but as part of a basic plugin set for the noob PDN user I think that there are a lot of those plugins which are not going to be used. It is very easy to install everything and other plugin packs too without thinking carefully about if you actually need all of them.

It will slow down your navigation of PDN's drop down menus if you have to scroll through fifty or more entries as you may find you have to do with the Effects > Render plugins.

However in general  I'd agree with fd2 on that - I'm petty sure the Kris Vandermotten's Object Align plugin does not come as a standard install tool but it is one I use a lot because the projects I tackle with PDN usually involve text and getting that properly positioned automatically is very helpful.

A composition alignment grid plugin like Red ochre's Compo Grid as standard would make sense too.

My thought is that a separate Favourites plugin menu you can add to/remove from would resolve the problems associated with plugin install over-indulgence.

IHaveNoName.png

On 4/24/2022 at 5:17 AM, IHaveNoName said:

a separate Favourites plugin menu you can add to/remove from

Exactly why I am trying to learn C#. Only the form based plugins cause me grief. I've rebuilt over 120 Property Based Effects to allow placement in custom submenus and minor modification of Max and Min values.

• Like 1

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png