File format combobox width in DDS save dialog

The 'unsigned' and 'signed' terms could be replaced with UNORM and SNORM, which are the technical terms used by the underlying DXGI formats.

Now that I think about it, I am not sure if 'Unsigned', 'Signed' and 'Float' should be translated at all.

Those are technical terms that describe how the underlying DXGI format stores pixel data.

Although it may be tricky to exclude 'Float' from the auto-translation.

There have also been previous cases of  'Unsigned' and 'Signed' being mistranslated:

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

1 hour ago, midora said:

One issue is the width of the popup. The other one the overall width of the control panel.

I'm also having some issues with ColorWheel control when used with Reset button.

(Also , there are some unwanted pixels drawn right next to the bars)

image.png.42bb846af820ed348c19fed1028708e7.png

Edited by otuncelli

@otuncelli, The color wheel's layout isn't tested for use in FileTypes. What I need to do is what @midora's is hinting toward, which is make the width of the SaveConfigWidget dynamic / resizable.

For now though, for 4.3.8, we will at least get unabbreviated text within the dropdown list. Thankfully I already had code elsewhere in the app that was doing the same thing.

image.png

• Upvote 2

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg