You could do this with g'mic-qt and creating palette.

1. Run G'MIC-QT

2. Go to Various-> Custom Code

3. Run `colormap 0,2`. 2 means it'll be sorted from the most frequent to least frequent while 0 means it'll capture every colors.

4. Zoom into the top left section of the image.

5. There you have all of your colors in which you can pick the palette from.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

@Reptillian, sorry to jump into the center of your instruction but I like to follow along at times when it is something new I can learn. I don't understand where to enter the 0 and 2. Or am I being totally dumb? Thanks, I appreciate your great knowledge and instruction abilities.

Click HERE to see my Pictorium of images I have worked on.

lMbNWe.png

You were once wild here. Don't let them tame you.

~ Isadora Duncan

39 minutes ago, Ladybug said:

@Reptillian, sorry to jump into the center of your instruction but I like to follow along at times when it is something new I can learn. I don't understand where to enter the 0 and 2. Or am I being totally dumb? Thanks, I appreciate your great knowledge and instruction abilities.

Well, it's a workaround in case you want an exact color of the images. I'm not aware of any easy plugins to extract the colors of image while being able to specify the numbers of colors in an accurate manner(Yes, I looked, and the closest is TR's color reducer, and the algorithm isn't accurate as K-mean algorithm (important if one wants accuracy)). G'MIC-QT so far is the only workaround here unless someone develop a plugin that allows you to specify number of colors and convert it into palette using K-Means search.

That being said, you insert it into a filter within g'mic-qt filter. You click on Custom code, and type in `colormap n,2' where n is the number of colors, and if n is 0, extract all colors.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer