Can I pick a random color which are not in the image?

Perhaps the easiest way would be for you to use the color picker :ColorPickerTool: and click on an existing color on the map.

Then open your Color Wheel > click on More

And change one of RGB chanels - this way no two colors will be the same.

color-wheel.png

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• toe_head2001 changed the title to Can I pick a random color which are not in the image?

Your image has 3275 individual colors. However, I don't see any gray. This might give you a range of gray colors to choose from.

Small test: I uniformly recolored a single sea 'cell' with a random gray-ish color (#939598). Then used the Magic Wand tool with tolerance =10% to select the recolored cell. I got a single selection of 13684 pixels (find the number in the Status Bar). Next I held down Shift (=Global Flood Mode) & reselected the same cell. The number of selected pixels was the same. I concluded that there are no colors with 10% tolerance of #939598. That means that color is safe to use.

#2E5996 is another I found by the same method. How many new colors do you need?

I found a solution to this problem though it only works with G'MIC-QT plugin. Copy and paste this to code[local] or code[global] under Various section of G'MIC QT.

iw={w}
ih={h}
IR=249
IG=211
IB=150

to_rgb
$iw,$ih,1,3,[$IR,$IG,$IB]
+eq
k.
n. 0,255
f "i==[255,255,255]?[255,255,255]:[0,0,0]" k.
if {ia!=0} v + error "Color exists, pick another color!" fi
$iw,$ih,1,3,[$IR,$IG,$IB]
k.

Then, click update to verify color does not exist. Change IR,IG,IB value to the color you want.

By the way, this can be automated, but I'll figure that out.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

I am away from this forum for undetermined amount of time: If you really need anything related to my PDN plugin or my G'MIC filter within G'MIC plugin, then you can contact me via Paint.NET discord, and mention me.