Problems making transparent signature

I wonder if anyone can help me. I'm trying to make a transparent signature, which is giving me hell and frustration beyond everything. I found a how to vid on you tube. The youtuber uses the magic wand and the background disappears (saves to png afterwards). However mine turns black (of course) (?) 

Does anyone have any idea why my background doesn't disappear?

Hello @oysyvert and Welcome :)

When you remove the background and then want to Save your image, when you first go to 'Save As' you will get a window like this:

bit_depth_auto_select.png

Are you sure your original saved image is not transparent?  When you view it later, in a photo viewer it will take on the background color, which can be confusing.  If you saved your image to .png, then try to import it again into Paint. net.   If it's transparent the ' checker boxes' will show up surrounding the image, which means it is indeed transparent.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Herewith the video - I hope it helps you :)   Also, are you sure you don't have another layer switched on?  In my video I uncheck the background layer  first.

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

You have downloaded the wrong thing (script) ....... you need to go down further the page to the big download button.

Here is how to save Plugins:  http://boltbait.com/pdn/InstallingEffects.php

P.S.  Sorry I confused you in the video ..... as I did not use the magic wand, instead using a plugin.

30b8T8B.gif

Try this ....... save the Zip file and extract.  You will see the .dll.  Go to C:// Program Files/ Paint.net/Effects and put the .dll into Effects.

Extract.png

30b8T8B.gif

Sounds like you have installed the Store version. You need to create some folders and drop the extracted DLL file into one of the new folders. See https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/InstallPlugins.html#4