PDN hangs on immediate escape keypress for print dialog

Anise

paint net 4.0.21

windows 7

brother printer (unplugged)

1/hit print by mistake (wanted save)

2/instantly hit esc to close the print window and save.

paint net stops responding.

tested a few times, crashes every time.

• 1 year later...

Allow me to chime in and say the exact same thing happened, even in 4.2.10. Pressed print by mistake, quickly Xed out of it, then PDN isn't responding.

• toe_head2001 changed the title to PDN hangs on immediate escape keypress for print dialog
  • 1 year later...

The least the Dev team could do for now is move the print button somewhere else (both in ribbon bar and file menu) so that it's less easy to missclick when just trying to save.

I have done this far too many times and lost so many images to pdn just handing because i accidentally clicked print and x'd out really fast
(Side Note: i have ADHD so saving isnt a thing that i "just do" every now and then, i often find myself having my first save be my last save for that session and i have to remind myself to save manually using other tools. this means i lose most if not all of my progress doing this 90% of the time)

I'm actually here because the bug still occurs on 4.3.8 and i had my last straw when it happened again.

tl;dr: dev team, move print button so we don't missclick it when saving (also ADHD so I don't have good saving habits) and the bug is still on pdn 4.3.8

18 hours ago, BluNate said:

tl;dr: dev team, move print button so we don't missclick it when saving (also ADHD so I don't have good saving habits) and the bug is still on pdn 4.3.8

In both the toolbar and the file menu Print is distanced from the other options by separators. Perhaps you'd find the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+S or Ctrl+Shift+S) less problematic?

tl;dr: No

• Ego Eram Reputo locked this topic