Photo Manipulation help request

Hello everyone! :)

I love using Paint.NET program it is so intuitive however, I am having a difficult time trying to figure out how to gradually fade two images that are side by side here is an example image below to conduce better context to what I mean. Could someone please give me some pointers or direct me to a tutorial?

hqdefault.jpg

15 hours ago, MadJik said:

In your example, the clock and the glass are colliding. You should avoid to merge the picture with such objects in the area of blending.

ex:

blend2pict.png

Could you please explain how you did this? If you can't no worries at all! :)

1. Open one of the images

2. Add the second image as a new layer using Layers > Import from file

3. Activate the top layer by clicking on it in the Layers window (if it isn't highlighted following the import)

4. Activate the Gradient tool :GradientTool:

5. In the tool bar, choose Linear :LinearClampedGradient: and transparency mode :GradientAlphaOnlyTrue:

6. Left click and drag a gradient across the top layer. Pro-tip: holding down shift snaps the gradient to 15 degree angles - helping keep it straight).

7. Press Enter to commit the gradient to the canvas

8. Flatten and Save As....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

1. Open one of the images

2. Add the second image as a new layer using Layers > Import from file

3. Activate the top layer by clicking on it in the Layers window (if it isn't highlighted following the import)

4. Activate the Gradient tool :GradientTool:

5. In the tool bar, choose Linear :LinearClampedGradient: and transparency mode :GradientAlphaOnlyTrue:

6. Left click and drag a gradient across the top layer. Pro-tip: holding down shift snaps the gradient to 15 degree angles - helping keep it straight).

7. Press Enter to commit the gradient to the canvas

8. Flatten and Save As....

I really appreciate the time that you took to help me, Ego Eram Reputo! Have a nice weekend all! :smile: