unable to reload saved immages

After saving Immages on a USB stick as paint.net immages I can not open them again

Get the message:

File is dammaged or saved with a more recent version of paint.net

System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Exception thrown by worker thread ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.IO.InvalidDataException: The CRC in GZip footer does not match the CRC calculated from the decompressed data.

at System.IO.Compression.GZipDecoder.Validate()

at System.IO.Compression.Inflater.Inflate(Byte[] bytes, Int32 offset, Int32 length)

at System.IO.Compression.DeflateStream.Read(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at PaintDotNet.IO.StreamExtensionsCore.Read(Stream input, Byte* pbBuffer, Int32 length) in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\IO\StreamExtensionsCore.cs:line 70

at PaintDotNet.MemoryBlock.DecompressChunk(Byte[] compressedBytes, UInt32 chunkSize, Int64 chunkOffset, DeferredFormatter deferredFormatter) in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\MemoryBlock.cs:line 615

at PaintDotNet.MemoryBlock.<>c__DisplayClass46_1.<PaintDotNet.Serialization.IDeferredSerializable.FinishDeserialization>b__0() in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\MemoryBlock.cs:line 693

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll(Task[] tasks, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at PaintDotNet.MemoryBlock.PaintDotNet.Serialization.IDeferredSerializable.FinishDeserialization(Stream input, DeferredFormatter formatter) in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\MemoryBlock.cs:line 706

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at PaintDotNet.MemoryBlock.PaintDotNet.Serialization.IDeferredSerializable.FinishDeserialization(Stream input, DeferredFormatter formatter) in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\MemoryBlock.cs:line 711

at PaintDotNet.Serialization.DeferredFormatter.FinishDeserialization(Stream input) in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\Serialization\DeferredFormatter.cs:line 139

at PaintDotNet.Document.FromStream(Stream stream) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\Document.cs:line 1443

at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 496

at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 158

Anybody who can assit with this Problem??

Thanks,

Ronald

Edited by Vintage Fahrer

I had a problem once with a high capacity but cheap (chinese) USB drive. If I saved any file, I was able to open it in the next few hours but if I tried to open it the next day, the drive was not recognized at all. I complained to the seller and they sent me another one that again failed to hold the files in memory. I got a refund.

Sorry to hear that Vintage Fahrer. I don't trust USB drives with anything I value, and I always make a copy.