Adding a Picture behind a Text

2K25

Yes it can be done. My idea may or may not do what you need in your specific case, but here goes:

1st keep in mind you can have as many layers as you want- like a book can have 2 or 100 pages .

So you currently have 2 layers;  background = text and layer 1 which has "a texture" .  Now add a layer 2 on which you put your picture. OK?

What I would suggest is to use your "magic wand tool " click on the text and have the background "disappear" leaving only the text  and its texture.

Select All (copies layer), move to your picture layer and paste the copied text to it (layer 2) . this should get you what you want.

I'm sure there are many more efficient and effective ways that others will offer , but this is my " fast and dirty" way

pictext1.png

pictext2.gif

pictext3.jpg

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

Thank you for the reply, but how can I make the background layer disappear using the magic wand? Sorry, I'm pretty new to paint.net, but I only need textured text on a transparent background, and a background behind the textured text. Oh by the way, I'm having problems with making the textured text on a transparent background, like the texture is applied to the background instead of the text (I removed the background, now it's just checkered, using shift+a+delete or something like that). Thanks!

30 minutes ago, 2K25 said:

...I removed the background, now it's just checkered...

The checkered pattern represents transparency, and that's what you'll see when you delete your background.

To be clear, the checkered pattern is not part of the image, it just represents transparency.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

11 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

The checkered pattern represents transparency, and that's what you'll see when you delete your background.

To be clear, the checkered pattern is not part of the image, it just represents transparency.

I know it means it's transparent, but after I made it transparent, I added a text. I added another layer with a texture, selected the text, and clicked it with the magic wand, and pressed delete. But the texture is not applied on the text. It's applied on the background which was supposed to be transparent.