Transparent backgrounds are showing up black or white!

6 minutes ago, toe_head2001 said:

The webpage? You said you used it as a thumbnail on Youtube. Youtube uses jpg images. If you uploaded a png, it was converted it to jpg.

here is the image details from a thumb on youtube.. it states it is a .png file

3 minutes ago, toe_head2001 said:

Really? Please show the thumbnail on Youtube with transparency.

it won't let me upload a file that large, so here is a link to my youtube channel and just about everyone of the thumbs on it are multiple layered with transparency.  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3dwzfbmFJz81AsNkIuJCsw

Look, guys... i do appreciate the help, but it seems that you are getting upset with me for some reason... if you look at the top two pictures, they are pictures that were uploaded (with transparant backgrounds), This is NOT just happening on Youtube, it works correctly on some websites, but not on others or on my computer...  I Do understand that it could be some kind of setting because this JUST started happening after the last update.. BTW.. my computer is nearly brand new.. I bought it 2 months ago and it is a pretty decent one. I am NOT an idiot and I know that this is a NEW thing that just started happening.. I was just asking for assistance in trying to figure it out. If you can help, please do so, if not, no problem. This site will NOT allow me to upload the files you are requesting, I am doing my best by putting them on Photobucket,

Screenshot (7).png

No one is getting mad.

I think we've determined that paint.net (and Windows) is working as designed.

So, let me reiterate:

17 minutes ago, BoltBait said:

paint.net is working fine, and so is Windows.

You need to take this to a youtube support forum.

We are not youtube experts here.  You really need to take your issue to a youtube support forum.

And before you ask, no, I don't know where that would be.

2 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

The webpage? You said you used it as a thumbnail on Youtube. Youtube uses jpg images. If you uploaded a png, it was converted it to jpg.

....and JPGs do not support transparency.

• toe_head2001 changed the title to Transparent backgrounds are showing up black or white!