Transparent backgrounds are showing up black or white!

Ok, so I have been using paint dot net for years and I know how to make a transparant background.. been doing it a while, but all of a sudden about a week ago, all of my transparant backgrounds started showing as either black or white depending on what program I used to open them with or if I viewed them online.  I make sure to delete the background and save the images as .png.  I have also tried to use other online editing software like pixlr.com and gimp to make the background transparent and they still show up as either black or white.  The only thing i can think of that is different is that my computer is windows 10 OS and recently did an update (about the same time that this problem started), Could the update have changed a setting? If so, what? PLEASE HELP!

channel icon showing black.png

channel icon showing white.png

When i copy the image from my files and paste it into a new pdn or one that i am working on, it pastes with the transparant background and looks fine, but as soon as I save it and then open the file on my computer to see how it looks, it is black??? Also, in the preview thumbnail in my folder, it show correctly, but when I double click it to open it, the white/transparent areas become black.

yea

1 minute ago, toe_head2001 said:

That because you're using that piece of junk UWP program to view it.

How do i get rid of that... i downloaded quicktime player to open some .mov files for Sony Vegas and ever since then, my regular photo viewer is just gone

The thing is, i can open them in Photos, Picture Viewer, and Power Media Player, but they still show up black.. Also, I uploaded one of these that I had made with multiple layers to Youtube as a Thumbnail and it showed up black on Youtube as well... I ended up removing it and put in a white background instead of a tranparant one just so it would look OK.

1 minute ago, BoltBait said:

Which web browser are you using?

Moxilla Firefox fully updated.

1 minute ago, toe_head2001 said:

The webpage? You said you used it as a thumbnail on Youtube. Youtube uses jpg images. If you uploaded a png, it was converted it to jpg.

well, ive been doing it for years now with no problem until recently.. so you tell me.. because I upload them as .png

Just now, LWLegends said:

well, ive been doing it for years now with no problem until recently.. so you tell me.. because I upload them as .png

Really? Please show the thumbnail on Youtube with transparency.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab