Cannot install Paint.NET 4.0.9

Hello. As you can see, I cannot install Paint.NET 4.0.9. I've used this version of paint.net before on a different drive then the one I am now installing in, however, that drive broke and now i'm trying to re-install paint.net. I've deleted literally EVERY file related to paint.net on my PC that I could find and have tried nearly every solution to this problem, yet it still gives me error 1603. The files that ARE installed by the installer do absolutely nothing but give me yet another error. I have even gone so far as to delete some of the registry files for paint.net. If anyone can help me fix this problem, please let me know - I'm pretty certain it has to do with registry files saying that Paint.NET has already been installed or something, though I cannot confirm this.

Deleting files and registry keys is a terrible way of trying to remove an app.

Follow the link BoltBait posted.

I have already read that thread, and none of the solutions there have helped me.

This time read post #2. Use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility to remove paint.net from your system. You can also use Revo Uninstaller.

Once you have paint.net completely removed, download a fresh copy from the official website and reinstall it.

Good luck. Please let us know how you get on.

I can't even install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility

Script:

C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\IXP000.TMP\StartMsi.vbs

Line: 10

Char: 5

Error: Permission Denied

Code: 800A0046

Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error

If you have UAC turned on, you may need to "Run as administrator".

• Upvote 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Yay! Glad to hear it NexusDragon :D