[Suggestion] Hotkey to rotate through layers (same as CTRL-TAB for images)

I assume you mean cycling the active layer status through the layers list?

Considering that a huge number of layer might exist in a single image, wouldn't you just be better just clicking on the right layer?

I know I would use that feature if it were available.

In the rare case that I need to perform the same operation on all the layers, it would speed up the workflow.

Edited by toe_head2001
  • Upvote 2

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

I assume you mean cycling the active layer status through the layers list?

Considering that a huge number of layer might exist in a single image, wouldn't you just be better just clicking on the right layer?

I'm an extensive keyboard user and although I've maxed out around 20 layers before, 9 times out of ten I'm using less than 5 layers.

Fast tapping a key would be easier (in my opinion) - plus we've got a hotkey for changing images, by that logic "wouldn't it just be better just clicking the thumbnail up the top?"   -  different people, different workflow.  (I use CTRL Tab endlessly)

I like ideas that can improve the use/workflow of layers. I like the thought of hotkeys to help navigate through the layers. Sometimes both my hands are on the keyboard, sometimes one hand is on the mouse, it's nice to be able to do things through the use of the keyboard or mouse, and it would be nice to have both options available when working with layers.

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...