All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. That assemble the image requirement was VERY hard to figure out. And there was no way to comment until I figured it out. Very frustrating. Can you just have a I am not a robot check?
  3. **Raises hand** What's the difference? EDIT - I see the difference. Never mind, insomnia.
  4. I have a laptop trackpad. While that should tell you enough about how well I can draw using a mouse, I also have wobbly hands that would not be aided in drawing by a handheld mouse or a stylus. How else could I draw? Here's an idea - drawing with the keyboard keys! Similar to using a chisel and hammer, this allows for fine detail work - exactly what suits the art I want to draw, which is pixel art. No need to use my mouse to draw a sweeping mountainscape anyways when the graphics are so small. The keyboard drawing would work on the normal cursor system. You use the arrow keys like normal to move up, down, left, and right. You will then use certain keys to either change the color of the pixel you are above, or change your primary/secondary color. My proposed controls: Up, down, left, right - move the cursor selection one pixel in the specified direction. This is already in Paint.NET, but I wanted to say it again to show how good an idea I think it is to flesh this out. X - change current pixel (the one your mouse is on) to the primary color. Z - change current pixel to the secondary color. (optional but would be appreciated) L - move the brush's primary color one left in the 96-color palette R - move the brush's primary color one right in the palette Q - move the brush's secondary color one left in the palette W - move the brush's secondary color one right in the palette Also note how the primary/secondary colours being easily usable on two keys side-by-side is useful for either outlining a shape and filling it in, adding two levels of shading into a shape that you have already outlined, or adding light and dark shading colours to a neutral color that you have already painted. If it's too hard, I can live without using keys to change what color you have selected. All I really need is using X and Z to place down primary/secondary colour at mouse location. Sorry if this is a detailed request, but no editor I've ever seen before has this - PabloDraw and Open Hamster RPG Engine's graphics editors sort of have placement of pixels using keyboard, but they have woogly proportions and size restrictions owing to them being more specific tools than Paint.NET (ASCII art maker and RPG engine). So this, if implemented, would allow for a more general-purpose usage including how Paint.NET has layers, transparent colours, and more. I don't mind if this is implemented in the main program or as a plugin. Thanks for reading all this if you got down here!
  5. Small change to the index today. I've changed the term Depreciated to Deprecated. The latter term more accurately describes the status of plugins in this category. I also removed the default check for this checkbox.
  6. Trying to get a small symmetrical circle using entire pixels (antialiasing Disabled) is rather more difficult than it seems. This post by PDN Rick Brewster explains https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/111309-1-pixel-width-circle-drawing-enhancement-needed/?do=findComment&comment=530603 If you toggle the antialiasing ON (from to in the toolbar) you'll get a much nicer circle BUT the width won't strictly be one pixel.
  7. Oooh nice this one! https://postimg.cc/Wq34KCmy I do love how you brightened it up & the colours are so much more vibrant. This is a bit like a collab too @Woodsy. Thanks so much for sharing.
  8. I don't think I would use "Blender" and "easy" in the same sentence. Easy is a relative term. I think PDN is an easy program to use for editing photos. I don't think it's much of an exaggeration to say that Blender is about 50 times more difficult to use than PDN. It's not really a fair comparison though. It's not insurmountable either. If a knuckle head like me can do it, than anyone else can too. Here is how I'd rate programs on the difficulty scale from easy to hard: 1) image editors (easy) 2) video editors/compositors (hard) 3) 3-D programs (very hard) "Blender Guru" has an easier tutorial for beginners on making a doughnut and a coffee cup. I'd recommend you start there.
  9. I went ahead and updated the plugin to remove the square option, and added a feathering option as per @Eli's suggestion. I'm almost almost positive this version is completely stable! I'm really liking the results now. I just used this to make the cover for my book and I wanted to share it (because I think it's kind of cool, and have no where else to toot my own horn...) Space pictures + mandala tool + lighten blending = this
  10. Thanks @Panchdara and @Eli for finding that bug! It looks like after I added in the option to rotate the slice that gets mirrored, I never tested the square option. The square option has undefined results whenever the angle isn't 0, pi/2, pi or 3pi/2 as it will start trying to reference pixels outside of the selection (including outside of the canvas). I'm going to remove it unless someone has a really good use case for it. It's causing problems with the feathering option Eli suggested in their initial post
  11. You're able to go many ways with your images. I only used the Laplacian Pyramid filter but I used two different settings.
  12. Yesterday
  13. @Seerose, @welshblue, @Pixey, @TrevorOutlaw, & @Woodsythanks so much. I will send you the image WB Woodsy , love for you to post up what you got. I'm always interested in different outcome for images
  14. This is a noise reduction filter for e.g. improving photos taken at high ISO values. It works by averaging similar texture patches to reduce noise and at the same time preserve edges and details. Download version 1.0.1 (2019-08-18) https://www.fosshub.com/Image-Analyzer.html?dwl=LocalStatsDenoisingFilterPDN1.0.1.zip Unzip the file in the Paint.NET\Effects folder. You can access the feature from the Effects | Noise menu. If you like this, please consider donating to the author at http://meesoft.logicnet.dk/Analyzer/support.htm
  15. Updated to version 1.1.0 with speed optimizations and a brightness slider added.
  16. Sorry for the slow response, I'm out on fieldwork and haven't had much chance to test it. But it's all fixed now! Thanks a bunch.
  17. "AAAY fly away little duckies"" Your gonna get swamped" I feel the same as Pixey. It is kind of spooky but I like it @Rickhum! And please don't grow up!
  18. Congratulations to @welshblue, @Pixey, and @lynxster4 for their suburb entries! Sorry I didn't submit anything, but I was pretty sure I couldn't come close to the quality of the already-submitted hats. (I really liked Pixey's bear-skin hat. Very imaginative choice, and the fur was so well done.) Thanks to Pixey for hosting!
  19. Hello @Woodwalker and Welcome to the forum We do have a special area for just Critiquing Images here: As for your picture here, I would have composed the Text more to the right, so that it didn't interfere with the girl's body 😉
  20. I really like them all @barbieq25. But "Raindrops in Winter" does it for me. I hope you don't mind but I was playing around with a couple of them and "Titanium Rain" is my favorite. I brightened it up a little with the Laplacian Pyramid filter and that's all.
  21. Congratulations to the Winners of the Hat Competition. And the winners are: 1st Place is @welshblue with 8 votes 🥇 2nd Place is @Pixey with 7 votes 🥈 3rd Place is @lynxster4 with 6 votes 🥉
  22. Another excellent tutorial @welshblue thank you! I learned something new as well with this one, I never knew about the 'corner size' option before now 😳 I've never had so much fun screwing around making these 😂😆
  23. Ooooooo I really like this one @Rickhum It's kind of spooky, in a nice way. I'd expected to see a dragon, but instead I love the wee duckies swimming around
  24. This is apparently a 15x15 circle. This never happened before, the circles were perfectly symmetrical before. I tried installing an older version of paint.net but it doesn't help.
  25. It was Windows Defender blocking PintDotNet.exe in Controlled folder access.
  26. Since last upgrade to 4.2.1 I can not save my work Application version: paint.net 4.2.1 System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path is denied. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileStream.WriteCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) at System.IO.FileStream.FlushWrite(Boolean calledFromFinalizer) at System.IO.FileStream.Dispose(Boolean disposing) at System.IO.Stream.Close() at PaintDotNet.IO.GuardedStream.Dispose(Boolean disposing) in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\IO\GuardedStream.cs:line 220 at System.IO.Stream.Close() at PaintDotNet.IO.SaveTransaction.Rollback() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\IO\SaveTransaction.cs:line 211 at PaintDotNet.Controls.DocumentWorkspace.<>c__DisplayClass247_2.<DoSave>b__3() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Controls\DocumentWorkspace.cs:line 2809 at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Try(Action f) in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 174
  1. Load more activity