Zeri [The Imperium of Images] - 39 Pictures (updated 26/9/2012, 1:36 PM.)

Xzerizon

Oh, wow. Your latest works are astoundingly beautiful! I really like your duotone colors. The one with the blood is a bit gory for me, but to each his own taste. I really like the embossy look to the glowing image. :)

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Why don't you just edit your last post with new images if no-one has commented ?

I shall remember this. Thank you!

Oh, wow. Your latest works are astoundingly beautiful! I really like your duotone colors. The one with the blood is a bit gory for me, but to each his own taste. I really like the embossy look to the glowing image. :)

Thank you!

On a side note, would anyone like to see a tutorial on how I make my weapons?

Edited by Xzerizon

'Civil disobedience is still disobedience.'

'↑ And that is how you confuse an atomic computer. ↑'

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

Why don't you just edit your last post with new images if no-one has commented ?

BTW I like that last one. Nice glow to it

We are back to agreeing then :) :)

Zeri, you can call me barbieq, that is fine :) Much better to see less of the jaggies...

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Out of curiosity why do you expect people to comment on your work when you can't be bothered to pass it on ?

I don't quite get the meaning of this. Are you talking about my lack of commenting? (Because I generally respond better to critique than just a praise. With praise, all I can do is say 'thank you.')

I know people aren't out for themselves. I'm sorry if I come across rude or something! :c

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

Out of curiosity why do you expect people to comment on your work when you can't be bothered to pass it on ?

Reciprocation has been the name of the game here - not everyone out for for themselves. It's how other people improve too ...

That said ... very interesting piece

I don't quite get the meaning of this. Are you talking about my lack of commenting? (Because I generally respond better to critique than just a praise. With praise, all I can do is say 'thank you.')

I know people aren't out for themselves. I'm sorry if I come across rude or something! :c

What Welshy means is that we have not seen you comment on other people's work. Just because you are relatively new doesn't mean that you don't have anything to offer in terms of how you see their art & if you can see anything that they could improve on. You learn very quickly & your ideas are fantastic. Your new work is very nice. You have such a great style & I can see the advice that you have taken on board with each new image.

So what reciprocity means in this instance is that you give comments for other people's work by taking a look at their gallery. Most people have a link to their gallery on this forum in their sig.

I know you are not rude & we look forward to having you visit us :)

EDIT: I finally worked out how to Multi Quote! Sad eh?? See Zeri, you help folk... :)

Edited by barbieq25
THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Ah! Alright then. I will try to do that more. I see what you mean.

I can learn a lot from other people's galleries. HELEN's glossies, for example, and Welshblue's and your (abstract?) work. Plus, you all have awesome 3D senses...

(By the way, I like to write for fun. Is there like a thread or something around here for writers?)

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

Encourage fellow newcomers. Sod mine

Priceless :lol: :lol:

Good to see your images getting better 'zeri' (Xzeri ?) - you learn fast and have a natural talent.

Nice to see you're looking at and commenting on others galleries - I'm as guilty as anyone for not posting enough comments - but do like to see what people are producing.

As for Welshy - I think he's going to be pre-installed in version 4 ;)

• Upvote 1

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Encourage fellow newcomers. Sod mine

I may come across as a miserable tw@ but for me it is about the 'programme' and seeing what people do with it. As one of the latest good 'newbies' (I hate that word) you should be out there encouraging people because you've got a great grasp of PDN.

But just my opinion. Maybe I treat PDN like I do when I'm coaching kids ... full on. (It gets results on the football pitch ...)

You don't come across as mean: A little blunt perhaps (in my opinion) but a good guy! Sometimes, the tough approach gets me to work better than a softened blow. (For instance, I find critique/fault finding much more productive then just saying 'nice images'. (Not discriminating against anyone who does that!), in fact, in future galleries I comment on, I'm not going to find the images I like the best: I will look at the new images and find the fault, and report it.)

Priceless :lol: :lol:

Good to see your images getting better 'zeri' (Xzeri ?) - you learn fast and have a natural talent.

Nice to see you're looking at and commenting on others galleries - I'm as guilty as anyone for not posting enough comments - but do like to see what people are producing.

As for Welshy - I think he's going to be pre-installed in version 4 ;)

Yup, Zeri is the nickname.

Often times I 'ghost' the forums of another website: I just look over all the threads, turn them over in my head, and leave them without a reply. Partially because the bad 'trolls' (not you, nitenurse74!) will jump on every single mistake you make, and not in a good way.

Welshblue installed in V4.0? Sounds like a plan! :lol:

Zeri, nothing here for writers but then really it is about the PDN program. dA has such a section & also a chat room if you are interested.

What about doing a typography piece? Or an image with a poem?

I kind of gave up on deviantart since no one comments on my images, except you. And it's easier to post images here.

A typography piece and an image with a poem... I'll get right on it! ;D

(A flower, perched atop a high rock.

A beautiful thing, made of many colors.

The wind blows around it, a feeling of majesty prevailing.

But then... an angry roar descends from the heavens.

A large, silhouetted shape dives past it, heading off into the distance.

The plant, stripped of it's petals, slowly floats to the ground...

... into a waiting hand. A pale hand.)

SpiralingShockWaves_zps15fdfd20.png

Edited by Xzerizon

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

http://forums.getpai...etry-and-prose/

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/14215-post-your-poems-here-created-31709/

The poetry thread is above - I thought about posting something on there before - but did'nt have the nerve!

Art advice to 'young'uns' - draw, draw, draw - in an increasingly digital world you may think it irrelevant - it's not.

The point is not the finished drawing (although that is your C.V.) - it is that it teaches you to 'see' - most people cannot see! - to understand how reflections work - how does perspective behave in a reflection - perspective itself - always 'wrong' because humans move their heads - our real field of vision is a tiny bit in the middle where we see in colour and detail - the rest is synthesized by our brains! (really!).

How do bodies work - not the static view of a medical anatomist but weight and balance of real person.

Draw, draw, draw - then translate that information into Pdn of course.

Also read and study the artists you find interesting - you're so lucky these days with the 'web'.

I'd recommend Escher and Bosch to start - think you'll like them if not familiar already.

Better stop before this qualifies as a rant.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Red, sounds fine advice to me. We all see far standing on the shoulders of grand masters.

Researching into art history is a worthwhile activity that will stand you in good stead & remember that knowledge is no burden to carry. - coz I said so :)

I love your new image. the colour is most pleasing & the jelly shape looks like its really wobbling or vibrating. The stripes are fabulous! How did you do those? I just love them. Sorry, Zeri, I cannot fault the image.

In the poem, you have "it's" with an apostrophe. A very common error. It's with the apostrophe is short for "it is". So when you are reading ask yourself if it's "it is" (as just now) or a possessive such as in "The dog chased its tail". Best I can do for a critique. :)

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

http://forums.getpai...etry-and-prose/

http://forums.getpai...-created-31709/

The poetry thread is above - I thought about posting something on there before - but did'nt have the nerve!

Art advice to 'young'uns' - draw, draw, draw - in an increasingly digital world you may think it irrelevant - it's not.

The point is not the finished drawing (although that is your C.V.) - it is that it teaches you to 'see' - most people cannot see! - to understand how reflections work - how does perspective behave in a reflection - perspective itself - always 'wrong' because humans move their heads - our real field of vision is a tiny bit in the middle where we see in colour and detail - the rest is synthesized by our brains! (really!).

How do bodies work - not the static view of a medical anatomist but weight and balance of real person.

Draw, draw, draw - then translate that information into Pdn of course.

Also read and study the artists you find interesting - you're so lucky these days with the 'web'.

I'd recommend Escher and Bosch to start - think you'll like them if not familiar already.

Better stop before this qualifies as a rant.

Very true! I do draw quite a bit. It's not dedicated drawing, however, and I do not use colored pencils.

Drawing on the computer just doesn't have the qualities of pencil drawing. Pressure, less shakiness, ability to easily, smoothly erase parts of the image... It can't be beaten.

Learning from the good (and bad) of past artists is important, and you can learn their mindset also.

Red, sounds fine advice to me. We all see far standing on the shoulders of grand masters.

Researching into art history is a worthwhile activity that will stand you in good stead & remember that knowledge is no burden to carry. - coz I said so :)

I love your new image. the colour is most pleasing & the jelly shape looks like its really wobbling or vibrating. The stripes are fabulous! How did you do those? I just love them. Sorry, Zeri, I cannot fault the image.

In the poem, you have "it's" with an apostrophe. A very common error. It's with the apostrophe is short for "it is". So when you are reading ask yourself if it's "it is" (as just now) or a possessive such as in "The dog chased its tail". Best I can do for a critique. :)

I'm glad you like the new image. The stripes were done with Gradient Bars, Sine Waves, and a lot of texture work. (When my mom saw the blob in the image, her reaction was 'A kidney?' :lol:

I always ask myself that question... but it gets mixed up since my lessons took off from a slightly different direction and it kept conflicting with theoretical knowledge (such as, 'It's his ball.' could work as well as 'Its his ball.')

(I agree, knowledge is no burden to carry. Well, unless -it's- knowledge of something creepy you read in a Creepypasta (Creepypastas are like ghost stories you tell around the campfire, in terms of length.) (Reading some Creepypasta was one of my worst. ideas. EVER.))

I got a new siggy.

Edited by Xzerizon

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

Whew. I finally had some time to comment in your gallery. Your sig blew me away! I'm really fascinated with space scenes and with futuristic images. I think what draws me to them is the fact that I believe there' greater intelligence and civilization outside our world that we live in. Keep your images coming. It's always nice to see someone who doesn't quit what they do.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

WoW! I too just looked at your work and you certainly do have a great knack with PDN. I really like (sorry I can't figure-out it's name) a few posts back, the swirly globe piece - it's awesome. Well done :)

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Lovely new siggy. All the components work very well. Only critique might be to run a drop shadow at very low values on the text to just make it come away from the background a bit.

This?

BladeMasterSig2_zpse286a907.png

Whew. I finally had some time to comment in your gallery. Your sig blew me away! I'm really fascinated with space scenes and with futuristic images. I think what draws me to them is the fact that I believe there' greater intelligence and civilization outside our world that we live in. Keep your images coming. It's always nice to see someone who doesn't quit what they do.

Thanks for the compliments.

Space draws me in because it represents technology, which is, in my opinion, the ultimate power.

I'm planning to make a career out of art, so I won't be quitting! :D

WoW! I too just looked at your work and you certainly do have a great knack with PDN. I really like (sorry I can't figure-out it's name) a few posts back, the swirly globe piece - it's awesome. Well done :)

Thank you!

The reason you cannot figure out its name is because I didn't give it one. :P Glad you like it.

WristBrace_zpsd88102d0.png

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

Nice look to the new piece. Great shape & colours with the little shadow.

With the siggy, I meant just the letters in the drop shadow. You've got like a whiteness around it then the shadow. Maybe because of the layer blend mode or something?

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Nice look to the new piece. Great shape & colours with the little shadow.

With the siggy, I meant just the letters in the drop shadow. You've got like a whiteness around it then the shadow. Maybe because of the layer blend mode or something?

Thanks.

The reason there is a whiteness around it is because of the glow I had applied to it. When I added the drop shadow, it 'solidified' the glow and then added a shadow along the edge.

Should I just increase the contrast or something?

RandomEffectExperiment.png

Also, how does Collaboration Art work?

Edited by Xzerizon

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

A collaboration is where two or more people work on an artwork. They decide whether each person adds a bit or who does what & it gets passed between them as many times as is necessary to create a new image that they all agree on. Sometimes another artist might just use an element as the main part of a new image - like a photo-manip I guess.

New image reminds me of teacups & rings. Pretty nifty!

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Thanks, for the compliment and explanation. So, do they transfer the image via email or something? Is there :gasp: an online PDN drawing board? ;)

From now on, I am going to name my creations.

Endless Ocean

water.png

Waves of Red

WavesofRed.png

Blade Master Signature

BladeMasterSig3.png

Edited by Xzerizon

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

No, Zeri, there is not a chat-like facility but the images are passed via PM or email or uploaded to something like Media Fire where you are not limited to file types or size.

Great idea naming the images. Both new images are nice to look at.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Thank you. I will try to fit those into the next spacescape I make.

Ruins by the Sea

SeaRuins.png

Edge of Marble

MarbleEdge.png

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖