Where is the FreeForm selection tool

I downloaded this program because someone recommended it over the new MsPaint that comes with Windows 7 that replaced the free form selection tool (that allowed you to select odd shapes with vectored lines) with the stupid lasso tool which is inaccurate as really hard to use.

I downloaded paint.net and discovered that this program is missing the said tool as well.

Where is it, what happened? How can it not be included in a painting program?

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

post-84769-131301526298_thumb.jpg

Either zoom in and select with the lasso; or add a new layer, use the line tool to outline the object, and use magic wand to select the inside of the outline, then delete the new layer

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Am I missing something?

Paint.net is, after all, developed by one guy - not a team of developers. Features are therefore prioritized and developed as and when, or if, Rick wishes. Furthermore, paint.net is supplied free so grumbling about a perceived lack of features/tools is not really going to endear you to anyone.

As pdnnoob explained, there are workarounds. Let's hope we can convince you that not every tool you're used to seeing is always necessary.

Planned for 4.0 ...

OMG YES! That just made my day, Rick :) Thank you VERY much!

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

• 3 months later...

Old thread locked...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.