(Texture of the Week) | Discussion Thread

chrisco97

Texture of the Week

TOTW: Discussion Thread

Hosted by: Chrisco97

This thread is for discussion!

Do not post entries in this thread.

------------------------------------------------------------

Please use this thread to ask questions, discuss the current theme, discuss current entries, or even make some suggestions for the future Texture of the Week competitions!

------------------------------------------------------------

Current Competition: Leaves

Edited by chrisco97

I just want to make sure I understand. I can make any texture as long as it's a floor? How it will it determined that it's a floor?

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Yes, it can be anything as long as you can stand on it. Even concrete could qualify!

Edited by chrisco97

hey Chrisco..just to clarify for any newbies who may consider entering..

"no renders"

could you elaborate please!! :blank::unimpressed:

regards j.d.

thank you Sarkut. Knew you"d understand :thumbs-up:

regards j.d.

OK, another question. If I do a floor, can I also do the walls to put the floor in context (as being a floor) ? Let me explain it like this, do you just want an image of a texture like this

slate2.jpg

or can I put it in context like this? (oviously, without the spider :lol: )

th_RedSpiderRobot_New2.png

Same texture, but one is a flat surface that could be almost anything, while the other is rotated and tiled so it appears to be a floor.

Note: I have already used these and will not enter them, and I'm not trying to be a jerk. I just want to make sure the rules and guide lines are clear to those who wish to enter.

Hey Possum,,the rules state "AS LONG AS YOU CAN STAND ON IT"

therefore,, where I come from,, "SPIDERS" are allowed :mrgreen::lol:

regards j.d.

OK, another question. If I do a floor, can I also do the walls to put the floor in context (as being a floor) ? Let me explain it like this, do you just want an image of a texture like this

slate2.jpg

or can I put it in context like this? (oviously, without the spider :lol: )

th_RedSpiderRobot_New2.png

Same texture, but one is a flat surface that could be almost anything, while the other is rotated and tiled so it appears to be a floor.

Note: I have already used these and will not enter them, and I'm not trying to be a jerk. I just want to make sure the rules and guide lines are clear to those who wish to enter.

Yes, you can do that! :)

Hey Possum,,the rules state "AS LONG AS YOU CAN STAND ON IT"

therefore,, where I come from,, "SPIDERS" are allowed :mrgreen::lol:

regards j.d.

J.D. is right, Possum! :)

Edited by chrisco97

I'd like to own the boots that can stand on those spiders! C'mon guys - not all spiders are yukky! I used to have one in my garden that would wash itself in the mist created when I watered the plants near it. I just don't want to share a house with them. I'm selfish.

Ok, think we get the idea.

Great & thanks for hosting Chrisco!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

I hate snakes! :cry:

I do not want to share a house with them either, they are creepy. :lol:

------

Are you going to enter?

P.S. Thanks for the compliment!

Edited by chrisco97

Don't you dare step on my spider ! He's robotic and cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to develop from the prototype to the final design. It's not my fault they keep reproducing and now number in the hundreds ! Sure they look creepy, but they are really beneficial. They hunt terrorists and alien robots from outer space ! Oh if you only knew ! <insert dramatic look here>

OK I think I get the ideas of what we can do. I'll try to get something together. I have some ideas (evil laugh), yes some very good ideas (longer evil laugh). But first, some pizza :pizza: !

EDIT: Spelling, again !

Edited by Possum Roadkill

Don't you date step on my spider ! He's robotic and cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to develop from the prototype to the final design. It's not my fault they keep reproducing and now number in the hundreds ! Sure they look creepy, but they are really beneficial. They hunt terrorists and alien robots from outer space ! Oh if you only knew ! <insert dramatic look here>

OK I think I get the ideas of what we can do. I'll try to get something together. I have some ideas (evil laugh), yes some very good ideas (longer evil laugh). But first, some pizza :pizza: !

You crack me up, Possum!

My spiders don't do that, they bite! HARD... :lol:

Don't forget the coffee! :coffee:

Do you really? :lol:

I don't, once, a Black Widow was sitting on my hand, and I just thumped it off. (I am a big bragger, aren't I?) :lol:

Do you really? :lol:

I don't, once, a Black Widow was sitting on my hand, and I just thumped it off. (I am a big bragger, aren't I?) :lol:

you stand on my "spider" it gets to kick your b**t

Hidden Content:
footspidertattoo.png

beware ..j.d.

You know WB, if you changed the color it could be really, really long shag carpet.

WOW is that spider a tattoo?

Edited by Possum Roadkill

You know WB, if you changed the color it could be really, really long shag carpet.

WOW is that spider a tattoo?

yep.. sure is..3 seperate (ouch :cry:) three hour (ouch :cry:)sessions to complete

plenty of :beer: helped though..

thinking of getting a web done on left foot next,,better get a supply of :beer: and :mtdew: ready then..

regards j.d.

Possum, I think if you posted the floor in that spider pic, anything I post will be definitely pulverized by its awesomeness XD let's see what I can scrape together.. :/

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo