How to Install Plugins ×

RAW File for Paint.Net 4.0.3

cefoot

Hello,

since my new Phone can take RAW-Images I wanted to start... sadly this Plugin is no longer compatible with Paint.Net (At Least not Version 4.0.3 -- only tried this one)

GOOD NEWS:

I made it compatible  :D   .. without changing internals.

So for me this now works fine using dng files.

RAWFile_binary.zip

-----

Because I'm only allowed to upload 256KB I'm not able to provide src right now... will provide it on request.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello! This plug-in works for me (K-5 II DNG files), but with one problem: there is a strip of white and pink junk on one of the sides. Dcraw was patched for this ages ago, but is there an updated version of this plug-in?

Sorry for the naggy first post.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 9/11/2014 at 3:11 PM, cefoot said:

Hello,

since my new Phone can take RAW-Images I wanted to start... sadly this Plugin is no longer compatible with Paint.Net (At Least not Version 4.0.3 -- only tried this one)

GOOD NEWS:

I made it compatible  :D   .. without changing internals.

RAWFile_binary.zip

-----

Because I'm only allowed to upload 256KB I'm not able to provide src right now... will provide it on request.

I am interested in the source of this. 

Not the /Effects/ folder dkong. That's for effects. Put it in the /Filetypes/ folder.

Filetype plugins extend the type of files paint.net can load/save. Once the plugin is correctly installed, reboot paint.net then look in the File > Open dialog for the *.NEF extension....

opennef.png

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2016-12-11 at 9:23 AM, Spork said:

Well this is quite strange. It works to open .CR2 files from my Canon Rebel SL1, but they have a strange resolution and a strong purple hue over them. Huh.

Seems to be a CR2 version problem, it reads the CR2 from my EOS 400D (Rebel XTi) perfectly but has the purple hue on images from my 100D (Rebel SL1).

On 9/11/2014 at 10:11 PM, cefoot said:

RAWFile_binary.zip

-----

I'm interested in the source for this plugin, is it available online somewhere, github?

• 2 years later...

It works great, and I can "File->Open" to open my Kodak .nef files, and edit them & stuff. Thank you!

--- But ... I can't right click on the files in Explorer & "open with paint.net". Paint.net doesn't show up in the list or the expanded list of programs that can open .nef files.

--- Additionally, if I _do_ click "Look for another app", and explore my way to c:\program files\paint.net\PaintDotNet.exe, nothing happens. The dialog boxes just disappear, and paint.net never opens.

---Any suggestions?

[EDIT] Never mind, after opening and closing paint.net two more times, it magically started showing up in the "open with" dialog box, and everything is happy now.

Thanks for making this work.

Edited by Jason Gould
Bug magically fixed itself.

• toe_head2001 locked this topic
  • toe_head2001 unlocked this topic