Rain drops

ventor1

This image will be required for this tutorial

*** Note: there is an existing rain drops tutorial (Erasers Rain drop) - Great minds think alike! There are only a few slight differences throughout the middle parts of the tutorial and the previous tutorial imagery no longer exists.***

1. Open up the image provided and create a new layer above it.

2. In the new layer create an ellipse with the ‘Ellipse Select’ tool.

3. Create a linear gradient with black set to primary and white as secondary color and deselect (as per below):

leaf01.png

4. Set layer properties to ‘Overlay’

5. Apply ‘Drop Shadow’: Widening radius 2, blur radius 5, and everything else set to default.

6. Set paintbrush to secondary color (white) and paint a spot as shown below:

leaf02.png

7. Apply ‘Glow’: radius 10, brightness 0 & contrast 50.

8. Apply AA’s assistant with all slide bars set to the right.

leaf03.png

***Layers 9 & 10 are optional***

9. Duplicate the layer a few times, reposition and resize the layers and use bulge to change the shape of the drops as desired.

10. Merge all water drop layers.

11. Duplicate water drop layer, set layer to glow with opacity set to 75.

leaf04.png

Done!

Edited by ventor1
naturesig.png

Yep nice outcome but didn't Eraser do something similar ?

Edit ... but the images are missing in the one I meant ;)

http://forums.getpai...2295-waterdrop/

I searched the forums beforehand and couldn't find anything regarding rain drops.

With the exception of a couple of differences, our posts are almost identical... right down to the white dot!

:(

naturesig.png

I like the outcome.

The only thing i found to suggest when I tested it is that around Step 8-9ish, after a Bulge-reshaped my drop, I reselected the drop and went to the leaf image. Then, I used a slight bulge in the area of the drop to give it a magnified effect. Rain drops, and water in general, is a natural magnifying glass. =)

This adjustment isn't required, it just gives it a more realistic look.

brokecarsig.jpg

I like the outcome.

The only thing i found to suggest when I tested it is that around Step 8-9ish, after a Bulge-reshaped my drop, I reselected the drop and went to the leaf image. Then, I used a slight bulge in the area of the drop to give it a magnified effect. Rain drops, and water in general, is a natural magnifying glass. =)

This adjustment isn't required, it just gives it a more realistic look.

Nice touch. :-)

naturesig.png

I searched the forums beforehand and couldn't find anything regarding rain drops.

With the exception of a couple of differences, our posts are almost identical... right down to the white dot!

:(

I would recommend you add this note and a link to Eraser's tutorial. Also explain that the images are broken. That way no one can accuse you of ripping off the original.

I would recommend you add this note and a link to Eraser's tutorial. Also explain that the images are broken. That way no one can accuse you of ripping off the original.

Done - thanks for the tip!

naturesig.png