Is there a PDF file type plugin.

Hello,

I am a new user, but loving this application. I noticed by default this application does not open .pdf files like Photoshop does. I have users that are insisting on using photoshop but I do not want them to when there is a good Free application like Paint.net available. I could not find doing a search of forums if there was a pluging to make Paint.net open pdf files. Is there and can someone provide me the link to where int he forums that might be located.

Sincerely,

Jonathan K.

Photoshop opens .PDF files because the PDF filetype is owned by Adobe, which makes Photoshop. :-)

You can open PDFs with various free programs, the most popular of which is Acrobat Reader, available on millions of websites everywhere. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Huh! What do you know. It IS an open standard!

Wild.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

I do not understand why you'd want to open PDF's in Paint.NET or Photoshop -- what type of editing are you trying to do?

And I mean that with complete honesty, not patronization ... I just don't know what scenario has people opening PDF's in Photoshop.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

PDF is a good way to send vector images that are mixed with raster images. IIRC, they support layers, including text layers. :-)

PDF is a good way to send vector images that are mixed with raster images. IIRC, they support layers, including text layers. :-)

Yeah but that wouldn't do us any good because we could not separate those items into their layers even if in the original .pdf there were some kind of separation

We could seperate them into individual layers, actually; the PSD filetype plugin does. Text would be rasterized, though.

Leaving layered filetypes in a layered format is always more helpful than automatically flattening them.

Well, even though it's called a document format, many people use it for images. :-) But I don't really care either way. I don't need a PDF plugin. I was just telling you why the OP might.

好贴啊 不错啊 谢谢楼主分享 拉 (*^__^*) 嘻嘻……

Translation Something Like: Haotie ah ah Thank you, good to share the starting pull (*^__^*) hee hee……

WTH does he mean with that?

Anyways that isn't allowed so... (he has been warned by the mods already)