Monthly Skinning Competition Discussion -- #7 is on!

MSC #7 topic  

38 members have voted

1. 1. MSC #7 topic

• Winamp
    • Desktop Widget
    • Cursor Pack
    • Paint.NET forum
    • deviantART
    • Wikipedia
    • Car
    • deviantID (deviantART)

So soon, I hear you say? I agree. December is coming! :)

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

What is meant by skinning the PdN Forum? Do we have to make a valid 'phpBB'-skin or can we just go wild and recreate the entire 'forum'-idea?

Did we have to program a new browser for that last skinning competition? No. Likewise here I guess you would just make a screenshot of your skinned forum.

What is meant by skinning the PdN Forum? Do we have to make a valid 'phpBB'-skin or can we just go wild and recreate the entire 'forum'-idea?

Did we have to program a new browser for that last skinning competition? No. Likewise here I guess you would just make a screenshot of your skinned forum.

Ok, but what I mean is: do we have to stick to the 'guidelines' for a phpBB-skin, or can we just make a completely new forum. It's like in the browser-thing, did we have to make a 'valid' FireFox-skin, no, we could just create a completely new 'browserconcept'.

I guess we can do the same with a forum, but just to be sure...

Oh and maybe I'm a bit too convinced that it will be the forum, anyway, I'm getting started already :D

sigbar0ks.png

Ok, but what I mean is: do we have to stick to the 'guidelines' for a phpBB-skin, or can we just make a completely new forum. It's like in the browser-thing, did we have to make a 'valid' FireFox-skin, no, we could just create a completely new 'browserconcept'.

I guess we can do the same with a forum, but just to be sure...

Oh and maybe I'm a bit too convinced that it will be the forum, anyway, I'm getting started already :D

And this is a good question. When the browser idea was suggested, the general term 'browser' was used. That could mean any of the wide range of browsers available, or even a completely new one. It just had to be a web browser.

But the Forum idea was suggested very specifically as the Paint.NET forum. Thus, it must be taken on a case by case basis of specificity. If the PDN forum does end up being the theme for MSC #7 (which it may not), then I would skin this forum and none other. I will usually tell you at the top of each submission thread what is allowed. ;)

That doesn't mean that you cannot come up with the wackiest idea for a forum evar, as long as it is the Paint.NET forum, then fine.

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Quick! If you don't want to skin the PDN forum, better vote now!

Not the way I read it. You can only enter once, but you can have different pages (i.e. Board Index page, View Forum page, View Thread Page, Reply page).

In my humble interpretation.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

By the way, Helio, the "if you want to discuss, do it here" link goes in the #6 discussion thread.

Good catch! Amended.

No, sorry. Only one theme. ;)

... and a meal techy one

Techy meal theme? This could be interesting...

Gives a whole new meaning to the word "Nuts..."

EDIT: and "cookies..."

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 2 weeks later...

One week left.

Only one entry in!