Monthly Skinning Competition Discussion -- #7 is on!

MSC #7 topic  

38 members have voted

1. 1. MSC #7 topic

• Winamp
    • Desktop Widget
    • Cursor Pack
    • Paint.NET forum
    • deviantART
    • Wikipedia
    • Car
    • deviantID (deviantART)

You did a very nice job on it, but I would like to see a bigger version of it.

Midnight tonight is supposed to be the deadline, but this will be extended if no new submissions are added!

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Seeing as there are no new submissions, and that it is a busy time of the year, a rare thing shall occur: the deadline for all submissions has been extended to 11:59pm, January 21, 2008. A two-month competition!

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

• 2 weeks later...

even though im not very good im gonna enter but i have a few questions first. 1-what woutld be the best size for it?? and 2-what is a stock photo because im just using some screenshots and starting from a blank page.* the screenshots are so i know everything i need to include* its not gonna be very good but im gonna try my best :) . but you see im having a multiskinned one which will have a drop down bar from where you can select your colour that you want. would i have to make it into every colour or just do one??

section8.png

psn id: R3V-fiR3

1: Almost anything, really. I would suggest 700-800px wide x 800-1000px tall. ;)

2: I qualify a stock image as basically any image that you didn't make. Using screenshots to know what to put in an image created from scratch would not count as using stock imagery, as everything is made by you.

3: Again, up to you. You could make all of the colors, but you only have to make one skin (or one color). :)

I personally don't see the point of showing those 4 colors. You obviously just moved the Hue/Saturation a bit, and changed the text in the dropdown. Please just provide links to the other 3 colored pages, so not to clutter the whole page.

actully i used a more time consuming way. i used the magic wand tool and selected every bit of colour and then deleted it. if you look not every colour is the same. i deleted bits and made new bits with the same colours but in different directions*gradient tool* and different ways. i had to retype a few bits of the text aswell so please dont think im that simple*well because i never thought of using hue* and i havent used hue to change images before. and errm well i dunno how to do all the links and where to so... oh and i used and showed the 4 colours because i have the time to make them.*im not trying to sound evil and stuff*sorry if i do* but this is what i did*

section8.png

psn id: R3V-fiR3