Paint.Net for mac

There are a few people working on a port to Mono, but no results yet that I've heard of. But Paint.NET uses the .NET framework, which is Microsoft-owned.

You might try the GIMP, as much as I hate to recommend it. :-) It's pretty powerful, if somewhat more difficult to use.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Well, I just looked, and apparently the Mono port is a UNIX port, not a Mac port. My apologies...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

I've seen it working fine in that one popular PC/Windows emulator ... I forget what it's called, but they released a new version recently.
Parallels, perhaps? There are actually a few, but Bootcamp (the one that's included with Mac OS 10.5) is capable of running windows games at incredible speed. I can only imagine what it can do for programs like Paint.Net. Btw, I'm on a 2.16 ghz Macbook g3. I should've mentioned that earlier.

But, still... its a Mac! :D

It's a white box.

This is covered by the FAQ.

I already stated that Parallels is more expensive than Pixelmator, which seems really like Paint.NET, with additional features.

But if you really want to use it:

I've seen it working fine in that one popular PC/Windows emulator ...

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

Oh.

Well, it's not complete, anyway... :-)

I have no idea what I'm talking about in the following. :roll:

Well, you could modify the C# source code from the Microsoft .Net spec to the ECMA spec, and also remove the MS Windows dependencies.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

That's what the Mono project is trying to do.

The Mono Project has never made any real progress towards having a fully functional port of Paint.NET (imo -- not that they haven't made impressive progress, mind you!). I do not know if they ever will. Plus, their goal is not directly "run WinForms apps like Paint.NET on the Macintosh without any translation or emulation", but rather "make an open implementation of CLR, BCL, etc." One of their biggest targets is being able to run C# server stuff on Linux, but not necessarily to have the ability to seamlessly port between .NET/Windows and Mono/Linux. Kinda like how C/C++ still requires changes to run on Linux versus Windows and isn't automatic.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg