How do I straighten an image?

Please:

- Read the rules. They solve everything.

- Post this in Questions and General Discussion. It solves everything.

- Notice the top: "This forum is reserved for Tutorial Publishing ONLY". It solves everything the other two didn't solve.

Then we'll be more than happy to help you! And everything will be solved. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

as far as I know there isn't a tool to snap them to grid

what I generally do is make another layer over the picture and use a grid plugin to get my straight lines set the transparency/blend of the grid layer way down so you can see your picture under neath

go back to my picture layer

then along the top of the screen click layers use the rotate and zoom that tends to help

or

if they are off just a touch select the whole layer the picture is on and rotate right click and you can swivel the layer around.

Um, dude, are you being a jerk?

I AM in the General discussion area. I am asking a question very politely. Can someone help me learn if there is a "straightening" tool, please?

Thank you. Well, most of you.

No, you posted this in tutorials. It was moved by a moderator to General Discussion. Lose the attitude, and you'll find many more people will be willing to help you out.

As for your question, you can go to the Layers menu and choose :RotateZoom: Rotate / Zoom. The shortcut is [Ctrl][shift][Z].

Alternately, you can use the Move Selected Pixels tool :MoveTool: . Right click and drag to rotate your selection. Hold [shift] to constrain to 15 degree increments.

Welcome to the forum.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Um, dude, are you being a jerk?

Nope. I'm being serious. I thought I was being rather pleasant, too...sorry...

I AM in the General discussion area.

Well, sure, NOW you are :-) But you weren't. Look at my post count - I've been around the block a couple of times. I've made some mistakes, but this isn't one of them.

I am asking a question very politely. Can someone help me learn if there is a "straightening" tool, please?

There isn't an actual straightening tool, per se. As the others have said, though, you can use the rotate/zoom or right-click-drag on a selection handle to rotate it to good effect.

Thank you. Well, most of you.

Aw, come on. :( We were doing so well, too... That's just trollish. I was trying to keep your thread from being locked. I think a thank you is in order. I can be a good friend - ask anyone on the forum, I'm a pretty pleasant guy (I HOPE that's what they think :-)). I like to help people. Don't take my help as mean-ness.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

• 2 years later...

Hunh. Well, gratefully, I now wield the hammer. This thread is locked.

(Incidentally, complaining that features don't exist in a three-year-old thread is probably not your best idea)

I bet it will be a lot harder in Picasa than CTRL+A, m, hold right mouse & swivel!