PDN Crash Log

This text file was created because Paint.NET crashed.

Please e-mail this file to paint.net@hotmail.com so we can diagnose and fix the problem.

Application version: Paint.NET v3.08 (Final Release build 3.08.2708.22795)

Time of crash: 7/10/2007 4:02:30 PM

Application uptime: 00:00:01.2344303

OS Version: 5.2.3790.65536 Service Pack 1 Server x64

.NET Framework version: 2.0.50727.42 x64

Processor: 2x "AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+" @ ~2189MHz

Physical memory: 4094 MB

Tablet PC: no

Locale: pdnr.c: en-US, hklm: en-US, hkcu: n/a, cc: en-US, cuic: en-US

Exception details:

System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

at System.Drawing.SafeNativeMethods.Gdip.GdipIsStyleAvailable(HandleRef family, FontStyle style, Int32& isStyleAvailable)

at System.Drawing.FontFamily.IsStyleAvailable(FontStyle style)

at PaintDotNet.FontInfo.CanCreateFont()

at PaintDotNet.ToolConfigStrip.PopulateFonts()

at PaintDotNet.ToolConfigStrip.PopulateFontsBackgroundThread()

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So open your Fonts folder in the Configuration Panel, and move each fonts which is not in the list below in a folder you've created for that matter.

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fon ... px?PID=145

Next try opening Paint.NET.

To add new fonts copy them in the Fonts folder one by one, and close & open Paint.NET to see which one caused the problem.

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

You've got to be kidding me. What, I have the time for this cr*p? I'm not going to sit here and go through my 576 fonts one by one! No program should be that delicate. Does Word crash if there's a corrupt font? No, evidently not, since I use it every day. If I can't use PDN, that's too bad, but if it's that fragile, then I doubt it's worth using anyway.

Is word freeware?

Its not paint.nets fault that you have a bad font. If you want to use this program, your going to have to find out which one it is. What I would do is to go through and delete all of the fonts that you would never use, because that might contain the bad font. Also, it really slows paint.net down if you have too many fonts installed.

I'm still alive!

You've got to be kidding me. What, I have the time for this cr*p? I'm not going to sit here and go through my 576 fonts one by one! No program should be that delicate. Does Word crash if there's a corrupt font? No, evidently not, since I use it every day. If I can't use PDN, that's too bad, but if it's that fragile, then I doubt it's worth using anyway.

:roll:

1st of all, the more fonts you have the slower you pc gets.

2nd..what Mr Frojo said.

3rd: *I doubt it's worth using anyway* I'm not even gonna reply to this one just :roll::roll::roll:

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

You've got to be kidding me. What, I have the time for this cr*p?

Evidently, if you have time to post an angry rant on a forum.

I'm surprised BoltBait didn't ban & lock on the spot.

...I doubt it's worth using anyway.

Okay, fine with us. Go buy a $500 user-unfriendly copy of Adobe Photoshop.

By the way - take a look at how most of the people with problems are treated on these forums. Take a look at how helpful people are, at how nice they are. And then take a look at how the people with problems are - they're nice, they're kind, and they aren't trolls. And we respond in kind.

So before you dismiss PdN and her users, take a look at how many people have good experiences.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

A) People here put out helpful hints on how to keep your computer in line and to save you time on fixing problems. If you had to do the tip that been said before over and over about testing fonts and keeping a record you would not be here right now. (Common thing for all programs that use fonts)

B) I had word crash because of fonts before. Just because it not crashing word does not mean anything. There are many bugs in fonts and not everything will crash around it.

C) People here like to help one another unlike people in other forums. Most people here use other editing programs as well but like to use Paint.NET more. So dis-ing the program because of something you did only gets to people. Getting mad wont let you get your way in here like in other forums were no one wants to help but being nice will.

Who knows maybe someday Paint.NET will tell you the font name but right now you should be doing what you do with all font programs and that making a list. I myself make a defualt backup file of the font folder and a 2nd one for all fonts I have added and tested to work.