Capture tool

I recommend Window Clippings by Kenny Kerr, http://weblogs.asp.net/kennykerr/archiv ... s-1-5.aspx

It can capture windows in Vista without the blurred stuff behind them. I use it for updating the Paint.NET help file now.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

• 4 months later...

A screen capture function similar to Corel Paint Shop Pro would be very useful for me as well.

I write manuals etc., and often need to make screen dumps of individual elements in a windw e.g. a tool bar.

I don't find the argument to use PrtScr veyr useful, nor constructive.

Why is there an Acquire function for scanners and cameras?

You can use a native OS functions, save the image, and open it in Paint. Net...

Hey, you could open the image with a hex editor and do your editing like a real man - binary style! :wink:

I quote http://www.getpaint.net/:

About

Paint.NET is free image editing and photo manipulation software for computers that run Windows. It features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools.

Paint.NET is for images and photos - screen dumps fall into the first category.

Innovative user interface - not many good image editors have a good capture function.

A wide variety of useful and powerful tools would IMHO include a capture function.

/Bo

I don't find the argument to use PrtScr veyr useful, nor constructive.

Why? It's both true an useful.

As BoltBait said: PrtScr - that's native.

Innovative user interface - not many good image editors have a good capture function.

A wide variety of useful and powerful tools would IMHO include a capture function.

And why should they when Windows does that good enough anyway. If you really want more functionality then try other screen capture programs out such as FastStone Capture or Screen Print & Capture 32 3.5. There is really no reason to build something into PDN if it isn't needed. I'm not being funny when I say this, but why fix something that is not broken?

A screen capture function similar to Corel Paint Shop Pro would be very useful for me as well.

I write manuals etc., and often need to make screen dumps of individual elements in a windw e.g. a tool bar.

If you write manuals then why use PDN if you like corel's function.

About

Paint.NET is free image editing and photo manipulation software for computers that run Windows. It features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools.

Paint.NET is for images and photos - screen dumps fall into the first category.

/Bo

You forgot to mention the PDN is FREE. If PDN had everything that everyone wanted then I highly doubt that it would be free. (see photoshop) I think that PDN has more then enough bang for a free program, and thanks to the community here has plugins for most everything.

Things to learn: Don't complain about stuff thats free, it's free. If you are trying to make money spend money (ie. buy a program that does what you want) :x

sunsigub8.png

All right, everyone, let's be nice. Why do you want to use a capture program other than PrtScr? If we find out why the keystroke isn't enough for you, maybe we can help with an alternative.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

As BoltBait said: PrtScr - that's native.

I think what he mean is since Windows does have Native supprot for Scanner and Cam, why does PDN have.

SO he wants the Screen cap funtion even tho Windows have already.

For the rest I agree with Myddin.

PDN does not need this.

SO many free and good programs can do this with lots of funtions already.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]