Paint.net won't let me select single pixels

Okay so, I am a new paint.net user. I was able to select 1x1 pixels however I can't anymore. Ever since I've downloaded this plugin -- http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?showtopic=11619. I am not able to select just one pixel. However, I am able to select, for example, a 2 x 2 pixel and shrink it to a 1 x 1 pixel however using this process, the project I am currently working on for school would take forever to complete. :(  If you know a solution please help! I have found nothing online to help me fix this problem.

Thanks for trying to help,

~Epic 

(Sorry for the bad grammar!)

I doubt that installing a plugin pack changed your ability to select a single pixel; I think you can probably chalk that up to coincidence. I tried selecting a single pixel by drawing a one-pixel black dot on a white background, then using the Magic Wand tool. The pixel was selected. I was also able to select a single pixel with the Rectangle Select tool. It would help if you'd explain how you're trying to select the single pixel,and whether Antialiased selection quality is enabled.

I doubt that installing a plugin pack changed your ability to select a single pixel; I think you can probably chalk that up to coincidence. I tried selecting a single pixel by drawing a one-pixel black dot on a white background, then using the Magic Wand tool. The pixel was selected. I was also able to select a single pixel with the Rectangle Select tool. It would help if you'd explain how you're trying to select the single pixel,and whether Antialiased selection quality is enabled.

I am doing this with the Rectangle Select tool. Okay, so when I try to select the pixel, I start from the top left corner of the pixel to the bottom right corner, however when doing this creates a 2 x 2 square (I'm not holding shift). My Antialiased selection quality is disabled.

1. Click on the Rectangle Select tool

2. Starting at the top left of the pixel you want, click and drag down/right to draw a 2x2 selection. DON'T LET GO OF THE MOUSE BUTTON YET

3. Move the mouse up/left to shrink it to 1x1.

4. Let go of mouse button.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

1. Click on the Rectangle Select tool

2. Starting at the top left of the pixel you want, click and drag down/right to draw a 2x2 selection. DON'T LET GO OF THE MOUSE BUTTON YET

3. Move the mouse up/left to shrink it to 1x1.

4. Let go of mouse button.

I understand,but I stated that I could do that however before I was able to select the a single pixel without doing this way to select a pixel, I also stated before that I could do the way you are talking about, however using this, the project I am working on for school would take too long.

I wonder if you have the zoom level set to something smaller than 100%? If I open any reasonably sized image and lower the view size it becomes progressively less easy to make a tiny selection.

If you only want a 1x1 pixel selection set it via the Fixed Size option in the Toolbar

yhsjjie_81.png

I wonder if you have the zoom level set to something smaller than 100%? If I open any reasonably sized image and lower the view size it becomes progressively less easy to make a tiny selection.

If you only want a 1x1 pixel selection set it via the Fixed Size option in the Toolbar

yhsjjie_81.png

Okay, Thanks!

I should have mentioned that once you have that setup ^ clicking anywhere on the canvas will create a 1x1 pixel selection at the click-point.