How to Install Plugins ×

TR's KeyFrame v1.2

Seerose, change the name of the finished animation file from Butterfly.agif  to Butterfly.gif

Oh.. Maximilian!  <3 Thank you so much. Tomorrow I'll try again.   :beer:  :pizza:

• Upvote 2

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Seerose, change the name of the finished animation file from Butterfly.agif  to Butterfly.gif

Thanks Max

Can't wait Water Lilliy

Hi my Dears Paint-User!  I'm lost without you. Are you always nice to me.  ozolu7r7.gif  8ixedti9.gif

Maximilian! Thanks for the tips.

TechnoRobbo! Thanks for these wonderful plugin and video. 

degkr2un.gif

9ell284w.gif

Sorry: 2umngu7w.png Tommorow.

Edited by Seerose
  • Upvote 3

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Those look super sweet! appl.gifWell done! JC_Hi-Five.gif

@Maximilian! Thanks again. The flower colors become not so good. Dithering is a null value.

Edited by Seerose

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Don't worry much about quality, Seerose. GIFs are like that, sometimes a little disappointing don-t_mention.gifAlthough you may try setting the dithering to a higher value, which would give better quality I think. Midora's animation filetype plugin lets you have a good control of the dithering, so you can play with different settings and see what happens. Anyway, your animations look super good as they are! JC_clap.gif

• Upvote 1

• 7 years later...

Hi, I'm very new at this so I have a quick question.  It seems like this extension is supposed to go in the "Objects" folder (in the paint.net program files), but I don't have one of those.  I've read how to manually create new folders, but I'm not clear on whether this "objects" folder belongs inside one of the existing ones (like "effects" or "resources") or not.  Could one of you lovely folks help me out, please? Thank you! 

7 minutes ago, PurpleSheep said:

Could one of you lovely folks help me out, please?

Place the file directly into the Effects folder. There's no need for an Objects sub-folder.

• Like 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• 3 months later...

not sure if anyone is still using this plugin, but I can confirm it does still work in PDN version 5.0.9 and is very useful. i've identified a small bug in exporting frames that only occurs if you have a "." in your username. The work around is to go into your C:\Users directory and create a new folder with no "." in the name and then create a subfolder to extract frames to. On the subfolder, right-click and select properties. then go to the security tab, select "Everyone" or "Users" in the Group or Usernames list, and click "Edit". Check the box next to "Modify" and then click Apply. This will allow the folder to be written to without having to run Paint.NET as admin. This is necessary because the folder you created is technically in a system directory (C:\Users). Then when exporting frames, export them into this directory.

The symptom of having run into this bug is that you receive this error when you click Export Frames after selecting the export location:

image.png.3041e681476c9ef2ca638d64497a0ec8.png

The error appears to be caused by this code in the plugin:

image.png.d45b7b31f4dfa431cbb5892af8ea1695.png

It appears to look for the "." in the filename in order to sequentially number the frames. However if you have a "." in your username it will add the number before it rather than just before the file extension since is looks at the whole file path, causing the save operation to fail because no folder by that name exists. I'm pretty sure the fix is to somehow separate the file path and the file name into separate variables so the filename may be modified freely, then concatenate them at the end of the operation before writing but I've never worked with PDN plugins or .NET before; i just figured out how to install codelab this morning.

Just wanted to leave this here in case someone runs into this issue. The plugin is awesome.

ball.gif.b1df972eca3f7559744279b340caafd9.gif

Edited by its_a_sine
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, its_a_sine said:

I'm pretty sure the fix is to somehow separate the file path and the file name into separate variables so the filename may be modified freely, then concatenate them at the end of the operation before writing but I've never worked with PDN plugins or .NET before; i just figured out how to install codelab this morning.

Hi,

If you want to play with it, here's some example code for you.

string fullPath = @"C:\users\user.name\Documents\test.png";
string directory = Path.GetDirectoryName(fullPath);
string fileName = Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(fullPath);
string extension = Path.GetExtension(fullPath);

int count = 1;
string newFileName = fileName + count + extension;
string newFullPath = Path.Combine(directory, newFileName);

I can post a bugfix release of @TechnoRobbo's plugin sometime this weekend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • You're a Smart Cookie! 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

On 9/22/2023 at 2:51 PM, toe_head2001 said:

Hi,

int count = 1;

I've managed to quasi-compile the plugin in codelab 6.8 in PDN 5.0.9 and though the UI is broken (likely due to changes I made to some types just to quell compiler errors) I can confirm that the code on lines 120-122 in the screenshot below works. The snippet you provided was spot on, thanks so much! I'll have to keep digging around the PDN DLLs with ILSpy to try and get the UI back right; I changed some calls to Clear() to Fill() and changed a few Pair declarations to Vector2Double just to be able to test. Since these were UI items, I'm guessing that's what broke it. Great learning experience though!

Another problem I ran into is that I can't get Codelab to print to the debug console. I wanted to see what 'cboard' actually contained and what GetDirectory() actually returned directly. I used the required debug syntax but when I did a "Preview Effect" or when I fully packaged to a DLL and ran the plugin, no messages were printed:

If this should be posted elsewhere, let me know. I was just trying to keep everything with the related content. 

Edited by its_a_sine
removed attachments. need to reclaim storage

28 minutes ago, its_a_sine said:

Another problem I ran into is that I can't get Codelab to print to the debug console. I wanted to see what 'cboard' actually contained and what GetDirectory() actually returned directly. I used the required debug syntax but when I did a "Preview Effect" or when I fully packaged to a DLL and ran the plugin, no messages were printed:

@toe_head2001 I ran into the same problem today.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2023 at 2:51 PM, toe_head2001 said:

Hi,

int count = 1;

I managed to get the UI working properly in PDN 5.0.9 with Codelab 6.8. I had to generate a .sln file and use VS since the errors were outside of the code accessible through codelab. Specifically, I modified lines 220-222 to explicitly convert the Vector2Double values to Pair values:

kinda verbose, but it got me a working DLL. I've attached the source file just in case it's helpful. Thanks @toe_head2001 and @BoltBait for your responses!

Edited by its_a_sine
removed attachements. need to reclaim storage