Resize JPEGs to standard print sizes

I want to resize some JPEGs so that I can print them at 4x6, 5x7, or 8x10. I can ensure that the images are 300 dpi for best quality. Is there a template I can use that shows me a 4x6, 5x7, or 8x10 window, in which I can place the photos and crop them accordingly?

Alternatively, what is the best (easiest) way to crop JPEGs to fit standard print sizes?

Thanks.

Arthur

Well obviously you found the resize option if you changed it to to 300 ppi, look further down in the same option and you will see the size adjustment.

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

Do the math :D

4x6 @ 300 DPI = 1200x1800 pixels.

5x7 @ 300 DPI = 1500x2100 pixels

8x10 @ 300 DPi = ?

In case you didn't find the resize function - press Ctrl + R or find it in the Image menu  (Image > Resize)

• Upvote 1

Yes as EER already stated, it just a simple math equation. DPI/PPI only has value when you want to print.

That's too simple ;-)

There are plugins which allow you to enter values with a unit and the result of the plugins depend on the dpi value.

midoras signature.gif

Thanks, all, for the responses. I understand about sizing and dpi.

Suppose I have a 300 dpi JPEG that measures 6.97 inches x 4.15 inches. To make a 4x6, I'd leave the 4.15 dimension as is, but I'd want to crop the 6.97-inch side more precisely, evenly  on both sides, to 6.4 inches. What's the best way to do that in Paint?

Thanks.

Edited by gogreen1

Arthur