Can I move the canvas somewhere else in my window?

My problem is that my screen is not very big. I have a pretty big canvas but the Colors window overlaps part of my canvas. If I could move the canvas (inside the paint.net window) upwards a bit, the Colors window would not overlap it.

Is such a thing possible or would I need some sort of plugin?

Zooming out will let everything fit without overlapping. Other than that, it does take some getting used to of not minding when windows overlap. As long as you can see the main point of what you are focusing on, and can use the scroll bars, Paint.NET's work-space soon feels like second nature. Also, keep in mind that you can move the floating windows, such as the colors window, to anywhere you want. I often move my windows all over the place.

For Zooming,

-- Try the Zoom Tool, left click zooms in, right click zooms out, click and drag to zoom in on an area.

-- Explore the "View" tab up in the menu bar.

-- And look to the bottom right corner of paint.net, there you can click on the zoom's % to type in exact zooms or use the zoom slider. There is also the icon for "view actual size/fit to screen", which is handy if you zoom in close and want a quick way to zoom back out.

-- Also, holding down the ctrl key on your keyboard while scrolling with your mouse wheel will zoom you in and out.

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles

If I could move the canvas (inside the paint.net window) upwards a bit, the Colors window would not overlap it.

Is such a thing possible or would I need some sort of plugin?

It's not possible. Not even with a plugin.

What IS possible is to make the Colors Window invisible. Either use the icon in the top right corner (there's one for each of the utility windows), or the function keys. F8 hides/shows the Colors Window.

• 4 months later...

If this thread was an apple, it would taste like cider.

Please leave old threads in peace. Thanks!

<locked as per rule #11>

• Upvote 1

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo