Can we get a skew tool?

Forgive me if this has been brought up before, I did search the forum and check the "Popular Feature Requests " thread, and I was actually surprised I didn't see it. (And if the function is there under some other name, please let me know, I couldn't find it.)

Basically, for anyone who does not know how skew works, you select an object, and then (depending on the interface) punch in new angles and/or drag the selection to a new shape, and then the selection is mapped onto the new shape. Below is an example I made quickly in an old version of photoshop. Left to right:

The original, a pixel art door.

The second, skewed 45 degrees.

The third, a door skewed for a perspective drawing.

Fourth, going nuts!

Obviously these are aliased, but anti-aliasing would be a needed option as well.

I figure this would be useful at least for people like me who are doing pixel and sprite work, and anyone who wants to make iso tiles. I'm sure others could find a use as well.

Cheers!

post-136556-0-67787200-1405124849_thumb.

Here's a few options:

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Z (Rotate/Zoom). Rotate the roller-ball control about a bit. The outer ring rotates the layer.

2. Oblique plugin

3. Perspective Effect

yhsjjie-472.png

Of course there are loads more options than this quick preview image shows.

Thanks for the info.

I'll do a look into the oblique plugin as the link is either dead or wrong. The perspective thing looks interesting; I am aware of the roller-ball control and I do plan on using it for something else, but thanks all the same.

It really depends what the oblique plugin does; honestly, the main reason I want a skew function is, if you look closely at the 2nd picture of my original post, you'll see that it's not perspective-accurate; it's still a parallelogram (with opposing angle sets of 45 degrees and 135 degrees.) This is actually the effect I'm going for; it's also why I mentioned iso tiles, as they are usually created this way and are not perspective-accurate.

I will check into oblique plug-ins and see what I can do.

Edited by Japhasca

I asked the same question before, and searched the same search, but the best answer I got was Quadrilateral Reshape (which is like what you're trying to do but the reverse). It was already mentioned here and probably the best you'll get for the time being.

A=C/2*r
Yes, I am a Janus. Yes, I figured that out myself.

Cc4FH already mentioned Quadrilateral Reshape, tomy.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.