How to make the PAINT window as large as before

Hi,

I'm new here, English is not MY language, my OS is Windows 7. Found Paint.net by pure luck, and I'm VERY happy about it. The first few days it was OK, much better that the old Paint. However, for no apparent reason at all, sinse yesterday the window that pops up (when I click on the Paint' icon) is not the size of the screen of the laptop, but about 30% smaler. I mean there are some stripes around it, that show what was on the last window of the minitor. And the screenshot I paste on the Paint' window is accordingly smaller. How do I fix that, please?

P.S. I got English spell'check on my laptop, but it seems is not working here-noticed a few mistakes, and probably missed lot more. Does your site have it's own spell'check, that I missed, and does it prevent other spell'check programs to work here?

Click the middle icon of the three in the top right corner of the window.  It is the one that looks like two connected squares.  This maximizes the application window.

Your English is just fine :)

Edit:  Beaten to the post.

• Upvote 1

A shot in the dark, but have you tried this  :MoveLayerDown:

idea_zps574d419b.jpg

Click the middle icon of the three in the top right corner of the window.  It is the one that looks like two connected squares.  This maximizes the application window.

Your English is just fine :)

Edit:  Beaten to the post.

TNX a lot, guys, that was the first thing I tried, it doesn't  do the job. But after some restarts (and other things, unrelated to Paint.net) the original bugger window returned. Beginners luck, I guess, LOL.

There's another thing that I can't master it: When I open Paint.net, import a file, do some things on it, and want to save it-Paint.net asks me where I want to save it, by opening a small window. After choosing the folder+click on the right button in the drop'window,  and clicking ENTER, it goes where I want it. However, if I import a new file, the click on the "safe" button from the Paint'menu just sends it to some undisclosed destination. And DEFINITELY not were the last file was sent. Well, I learned that I must close Paint.net, and open it again for every new imported file. But it also means to adjust all the settings again.

Is there a way to make that drop'window (which asks where to safe the file) appear again, without closing and opening Paint.net every time, please?

If that didn't do it, "bigger window" is not a clear enough description of your problem...

Do you mean the entire window, or just the area where you draw, or what?

For the second problem, instead of pressing the "save" button, press the "save as..." button (or press ctrl+shift+s on your keyboard).

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

If that didn't do it, "bigger window" is not a clear enough description of your problem...

Do you mean the entire window, or just the area where you draw, or what?

For the second problem, instead of pressing the "save" button, press the "save as..." button (or press ctrl+shift+s on your keyboard).

By "bigger window" I meant bigger than the downsized one  I started to get:

not the size of the screen of the laptop, but about 30% smaler. I mean there are some stripes around it, that show what was on the last window of the monitor.

Like the one I used to get when started first using Paint.net: Takes the full screen, a stripe from -300 to 0 (on the ruler) then an white area where I paste the imported file (from 0 to 800 on the ruler) and another bluish stripe (from 800 to 1100). Anyway, after a few restarts I started getting the full'screen version, so it's no problem anymore. BTW, if you can advise how to decrease these bluish stripe and make the field between them bigger, please do so.

As for "saving", in my version of Paint.NET (v3.5.11) there is only one button/icon for "save": The third one from left to right on the second row on top of the page, right after "new" and "open". Since I don't create new files from zero, but only make changes/add details to imported ones, they're saved in same format as received, which is OK by me.

Your 'stripes' are the difference between the image size * view/zoom factor and the size of the editing window. Your image top left corner is placed at 0,0 according to the rulers.

Try increasing the view size of your image. This will make the image fill more of the editing window.

Please post a screenshot if I have interpreted your question incorrectly.

Your 'stripes' are the difference between the image size * view/zoom factor and the size of the editing window. Your image top left corner is placed at 0,0 according to the rulers.

Try increasing the view size of your image. This will make the image fill more of the editing window.

Please post a screenshot if I have interpreted your question incorrectly.

I think I got it :) Just made couple of trials, increasing the size of the imported image and that of the Paint.NET window, and got it, more or less.

One more question: On Paint.NET window there are options decreasing the size from 100% to 66 and 50%, but increasing-only from 100% to 200, 300% etc. Is there a way to increase to 125%, 150% only?

You can type in a value to zoom to or hold the ctrl key and scroll with your mouse wheel.

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

You can type in a value to zoom to or hold the ctrl key and scroll with your mouse wheel.

WOW, TNX a lot, never could've guessed that, dumb me :D I presume it works also on lots of different programs dealing with viewing pics.

P.S. Got any advise about my previous question:

...There's another thing that I can't master it: When I open Paint.net, import a file, do some things on it, and want to save it-Paint.net asks me where I want to save it, by opening a small window. After choosing the folder+click on the right button in the drop'window,  and clicking ENTER, it goes where I want it. However, if I import a new file, the click on the "safe" button from the Paint'menu just sends it to some undisclosed destination. And DEFINITELY not were the last file was sent. Well, I learned that I must close Paint.net, and open it again for every new imported file. But it also means to adjust all the settings again....

...As for "saving", in my version of Paint.NET (v3.5.11) there is only one button/icon for "save": The third one from left to right on the second row on top of the page, right after "new" and "open"....

Is my version of Paint.NET too obsolete, so I must download a newer one?

If you can't find the button to click on, ctrl+shift+s works too.

Now that I think of it, I've never clicked or even looked for a "save as.." button in paint.net. I've been using the hotkey in other programs for so long it never occurred to me to look for the button...

If you can't find the button to click on, ctrl+shift+s works too.

Now that I think of it, I've never clicked or even looked for a "save as.." button in paint.net. I've been using the hotkey in other programs for so long it never occurred to me to look for the button...

What's that Hot'Key that does the job, pls?

Since I'm using Paint.NET for fun, not to make a living, it's OK for me to close it, and start again after every saved file. But some other folks may save time AND money by learning the right way to do it :)

BTW, did I compliment the creators of Paint.NET? It's something way, WAY above the old Paint (a Windows program, I presume) :D

What's that Hot'Key that does the job, pls?

It's in there! Sorry I didn't explain what it was very clearly...ctrl+shift+s

Also, Paint.NET is not in any way associated with the Microsoft Paint program other than the word "paint" and the fact that it runs on the Windows operating system. But yes, it IS a whole lot better :)

It's in there! Sorry I didn't explain what it was very clearly...ctrl+shift+s

Also, Paint.NET is not in any way associated with the Microsoft Paint program other than the word "paint" and the fact that it runs on the Windows operating system. But yes, it IS a whole lot better :)

YES, Paint.NET is much better than M$ Paint, even a lemmer like me gets that :D Tomorrow, sober, I'll try the wonders the Hot'Key does.

Hello, about "save as" I didn't see anyone mention that it's found in the menu bar under "file".

saveasscreencap_zps8c18db41.jpg

Since you are new, I would also suggest looking through this paint.net guide (linked below). There's a lot to look through, and it might be a little outdated, but it's still pretty handy. :)

http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/index.html

Hello, about "save as" I didn't see anyone mention that it's found in the menu bar under "file".

saveasscreencap_zps8c18db41.jpg

Since you are new, I would also suggest looking through this paint.net guide (linked below). There's a lot to look through, and it might be a little outdated, but it's still pretty handy. :)

http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/index.html

TNX, will do! And TNX for all the advises ;)