Black and White

Bandit12345

I love using the Black and White feature under Adjustments, but I was wondering if there was an option to replace Black with another colour? (Blue and White, Red and White)? Just a thought!

There are a number of ways to replace one color with another. As you are already familiar with Adjustments > Black and White, use that first then recolor Black with the Recolor Tool as I explained here: Click Me.

Quite a while ago, I wrote a codelab plugin to do that: Duochrome.zip

You can choose both the dark and the light color, and also select the weightings for converting to monochrome, along with some brightness and contrast adjustments. As I recall, I was about to post it when someone posted a very similar plugin. I don't remember what that plugin was called, but you could use it, also.

Use "black and white," then adjust the color with curves (adjustments>curves)

Here's a tutorial on the basics of the curves adjustment: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/12191-rgb-curves-or-something-happened-on-the-way-to-purple/

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo